325     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 385     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 738     1 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

Must we choose between those two?

I opt out.

I like Balzac's and Darkhorse, among others.

I don't really want to patronize a eating establishment based on its contests.

Nor do I wish to get coffee at place with infernal beeping noises going off, throngs of confused customers who don't know where to stand while waiting for their 'number' to come up; or which smell like bubblegum scented floor disinfectant.
Multiple trips to Balzac's or Darkhorse per day would bankrupt many caffeine-dependent students ;)

McDicks is the compromise.

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about Tim Horton's anymore. I used to have a little bit of pride for the fast food franchise but now I roll my eyes anytime I hear it mentioned in any conversation or suggested as a place to eat. Their quality just ain't there anymore. 'Tis a shame.

What's even sadder is the fact that I have eaten it in the last little while but mostly due to the fact that nothing else quick and cheap was available.

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about Tim Horton's anymore. I used to have a little bit of pride for the fast food franchise but now I roll my eyes
Timmies are like Bombardier, IMO. They both used to be a point of pride for Canadians, now we roll our eyes and change the subject.

The original Tim Hortons on Ottawa Street in Hamilton was torn down almost a decade ago, and replaced by a two storey location. The second floor – where most of the seating is – is a miniature Tim Hortons museum with displays of old advertising, coffee cups, and other promotional materials.

The highlight is the mockup original counter, with products long gone: the cake display, eclairs, dutchies, sugar twists, and so on. (Not included: the second hand smoke.)

Back when the chain began, thanks to three things: a decent and consistent product, a cleaner and friendlier store (compared to most of the competition at the time) and incredible marketing.

View attachment 224633

How I miss that walnut crunch. RIP.

AoD

Huawei bought up Nortel’s patents. Nortel should be where Huawei is now.
You mean stole, undercut, and then finally purchased from the wreckage of Nortel. I suppose that what the full backing of the Communist Party gets you! (along with a hefty PR push to declare yourself 5G leader, and hefty subsidies to now undercut Nokia and Ericsson).

That being said, Nortel is a classic case of Canadian corporate complacence.

Timmies are like Bombardier, IMO. They both used to be a point of pride for Canadians, now we roll our eyes and change the subject.

At least Bombardier is making useful things for Canadians like public transit vehicles..... All Tim's makes is food that ain't even good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back