News   Jul 15, 2024
 393     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 526     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

Certainly makes rocp look dated and cheap.

I have a question about that area/intersection: i've thought about moving to that area (i like the fact it lacks a community feel--that's my impression of the area i might be wrong--and is therefore "private.")--is it noisy at night is my main concern? Are those older highrises double or triple-glazed to keep the noise out?

I'm not a fan of the cheesy turret thing on top--but the "podium" part looks great and isn't fake-looking like rocp.

i can hear the streetcar go by if my window is open pretty loudly (i think the sound projects because im in a huge canyon), but i front right onto carlton (16th floor). at around 1am every night a big loud street cleaner comes around...so that's reallllly irritating. just stay off the main streets, especially off carlton/college/dundas/queen/yonge if noise bothers you, unless you're high up.

not that any of this bothers me more than once every few weeks

Certainly makes rocp look dated and cheap.

The odd thing is if you ever get a chance to check out the interior of RoCP it looks like they really tossed in every penny they had - very very luxurious compared to most mid-market condos that have been built in the current boom. The sculptures out front were also additional items paid for by the developer that were not required by the city.

"double or triple-glazed"

What does this refer to?

Window systems - older buildings often have a single pane of glass whereas new condos are usually double or triple glazed with low E glass (highly energy efficient) with pressurized argon gas between each pane (reduces heat transfer, protects from UV rays and reduces sound transfer)....

In virtually all new condos the glass is customized, low E argon and double or triple glazed.

The odd thing is if you ever get a chance to check out the interior of RoCP it looks like they really tossed in every penny they had - very very luxurious compared to most mid-market condos that have been built in the current boom. The sculptures out front were also additional items paid for by the developer that were not required by the city.

it is a bay street address...can't think of too many that are not luxurious inside. even the old condos are lux.

If the TD on the bottom is already open, just about ready to be open, does that mean that the occupancy date has been moved up? The end of September sounds far away, considering the building looks just about done!

I love everything about this development - should have purchased a unit pre-construction. Breaks away from the 'toronto-box', the use of dark glazing, and the attention to details such as the false glazing on the west wall.

Imagine these beauties built on the site of RoCP...with the same hight.

considering how well edilcan has done on this project i wonder if they have any future projects in the works.

The Met is snazzy, but if it had some red on the balconies and if it was 20 storeys taller, it would be 'wow' and snazzy. Snazzy is good enough, though.

Back