News   Apr 26, 2024
 367     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 328     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 512     0 

The Keg (5009-5021 Yonge St, ?, 2s)

I’m not sure if demand would be high per se, but even the next closest Keg on Leslie near York Mills opens for Lunch at 11:30am on weekdays... then again 99% of people who visit that location drive there from someplace else.

Yes, but they're also close to the employment area there, and that employment area isn't just satellite offices of companies based in downtown.

And @amnesiajune , you have a point about some of the ‘American/Canadian/Western’ joints in the area, but they are still vastly outnumbered by Asian and Middle Eastern options - where demand has been surging and shifting for a long time now.

My point is just that they're not failing. Also, Asian and Middle Eastern options outnumber American/Canadian/Western places in most of the city, even places where most people are caucasian.

Visited earlier today. This is a very large restaurant spread across both levels, generally the same Keg decor but with higher-ceilings, specifically by the open area near the entrance, which also has a nice view - washrooms are also located on the second floor. All staff were great (as expected at a restaurant only 3 weeks old), and the waiter said the restaurant gets fairly full (I believe around 70 tables), including the occasional weeknight. Hopefully it's here to stay:

27788047529_3437737a93_b.jpg

Back