Toronto The Bayview Terraced Condominium Residences | ?m | 10s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects COMPLETE

^ Alvin:

I'm surprised very few condo developers have used Chinese names for condos. Condos in Toronto would sell really well if buildings are named "prosperity" or "fortune" like half of all the buildings in Hong Kong are.

Well, there is Pinnacle's Success Tower down on the waterfront...

Merci Lighting

Does anybody know if this building will be illuminated the way the artist drawing shows... or is that just "artists concept"?

Daniels will likely do their best to finish this building in as splashy and over-the-top look-at-me I'm-trying-to-buy-taste way as possible, so yeah, the faux chateau look just wouldn't be finished without the Las Vegas lighting. It should fit in perfectly with the other tacky NY Towers buildings when all said and done, thank you.

The NY Towers are actually pretty cool, they've grown on me.

This area, although incredibly unrealistic, is becomming quite the bustling intersection.

Buildings of different strokes. We just need to get rid of the Gas Stations somehow.

I can't wait to see Liberte, Egalite and Fraternite...barring that, le Mort, la Petite Mort and Merde will do nicely. What about German inspired condo names? I can think Schadenfreude would befit a few examples in Toronto...

I'm surprised very few condo developers have used Chinese names for condos. Condos in Toronto would sell really well if buildings are named "prosperity" or "fortune" like half of all the buildings in Hong Kong are.

Thinking about this again, why don't we have Yiddish names for our condos? The opportunities would be endless!

It should fit in perfectly with the other tacky NY Towers buildings when all said and done, thank you.

I like the area... It's art deco buildings and lighting bring it a sense of charm and uniqueness... If every neighbourhood had its own character as identfiable as this... Toronto would look a lot better... whether you like the archtiecture or not, is a different matter.

home_render.jpg

There's more details on this Daniel's project on the agent website.

Although these are faux architectural elements in this project, I think the building looks half decent and it will echo the style that Shane Baghai is building at St. Gabriel Terraces across the street on the north side ... and it kind of works with New York Towers too, in 'attempt' to create grand looking classical buidlings (I won't comment on wheather it is successful though)

Hoh, hoh, hoh! Fantastique!

Oui, et aussi, je suis un ananas!

Un ananas?! Oh la la Monsieur! Avec une poitrine de poulet et du lait de coco vous serez tres delicieux, n'est-ce pas?! Ha ha?!

We're doing elevator-meetup talk from Merci, right?

So today of all days - the Quatorze Juillet - let us give thanks, mes chers amis, for the gift of this Edifice Magnifique du Style Cheddintonistique ...

And let's praise Alexander Neef, formerly of the Paris Opera but now CEO of our opera house, who recently said, "I don't see any need to do a eurotrash production of Tosca" in Toronto. Quel dommage!

Back