Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Rudy Wallman (the architect for 10 york) has an account here too

ooooHH....so they are smart now lol goodstuff, their getting with the times! They should send out surveys to customers that buy units to express their comments/concerns and it would help with future projects!

ooooHH....so they are smart now lol goodstuff, their getting with the times! They should send out surveys to customers that buy units to express their comments/concerns and it would help with future projects!

Tridel conducts market research focus groups with their purchasers to get detailed feedback... and the purchasers are compensated for their time.

The shape is wonderful, I hope that the materials used are of good quality, this area really needs a head-turning highrise (and seven more floors added back!).

The last thing this area needs is more exposed balconies and glazing.

I'm amazed people are giving the tower a pass. It's more of the same mediocrity. What little life the glass 'peak' at the top gives makes it look straight out of a rendering from the 1990s.

Also the positioning of the 'tower' disappoints me. The architect seems more concerned with pleasing eastbound Gardiner drivers than those from the waterfront or downtown. From those POVs it is just a 65 story wall of balconies.

I hope this building doesn't turn out to be another grey, spandrel disaster. Are you listening Tridel? How many more grey spandrel condos can Tridel put up and still hold their heads up? Give Toronto a break already.

Hey Montreal is filled with grey buildings and looks fantastic. For all the construction in this town the reality is when I'm walking down my residential street you wouldn't know it. (Most of Toronto thank god is still dominated by red brick or even colourful painted brick homes.)

Things I like:
It respects the shape of the site (not a box, or boxy derivative).
Impressive podium.
There are no balconies on the largest facades.
It's a big improvement over the original grey monolith.
Tridel's webmaster has a good sense of humour! :)

Things I don't like:
After seeing 300 Front up close, I fear for the use of materials.

Otherwise, I'm a happy camper (and not one of the monsters!) :)

^gotta agree. as long as there is no horrid use of spandrel, which the renders do not make it appear so, I will be happy with this one. Only complaint is that they should have put the residential entrance on either side of the building and added more retail, rather than facing york.

Stunning views to be had from Ten York.

V2Ke26

Back