Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

I really like that small addition of colour cruzin4u. One it helps to break up the monotony of a pure glass facade and it would be quite eye-catching, even at a distance.

Thanks everyone! The work is a bit sloppy as it was 2:30am (couldn't sleep), but it did come out pretty good. It does give us an idea and also raises questions, such as - why NOT add a bit of colour?

If they are going to use precast in that area that I highlighted with colour , which it looks like from the renders, why white? Why not a hint of colour.

I don't think we are being too negative. We are simply looking for that "Wow Factor".

I can't believe I'm saying this, since I wasn't too happy with the original proposal, but I'd rather see Wallman's box proposal than this. At least with that you had those protruding boxes that Wallman mentioned would be 'lit' up. There seemed to be more colour going on with that one as well.

Adding the red would make sense. You'd always be reminded that it is a Tridel building:

tridel.gif

I liked the old design a lot better, at least it had something new going for it architecturally. The new design makes me want to puke, it's even more mediocre than trump but in a much higher profile location. I think the buildings close to the waterfront should be kept short unless there's some great architecture proposed (e.g. gehry or norman foster).

Last edited:
I liked the old design a lot better, at least it had something new going for it architecturally. The new design makes me want to puke, it's even more mediocre than trump but in a much higher profile location. I think the buildings close to the waterfront should be kept short unless there's some great architecture proposed (e.g. gehry or norman foster).

You think this location is much higher profile than Trump's location?

I think this newer design is more timeless.... looks much better to me.

Back