Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The blank walls of the sides of the prow remind me of the sides of typical 60s-70s high-rise buildings.

Former_Rochdale_College.JPG

A single column of windows or any architectural articulation on either side would have helped a lot.

So disappointed with the tower. Monotonous, dull, banal. Call it what you want but I don't want this to be the new face of the Toronto waterfront.

Our waterfront is already a lost cause. This isn't fantastic by any means, but it's one of the better looking buildings that will be down there.

I respect that they are making use of the shape, but aside from the podium this is actually pretty dull. I wouldn't mind it too much in other parts of the city, but this will be part of the postcard view, and this needs a better design.

As it appears Tridel follows these posts, perhaps they could explain why the cheap spandrel exterior? Is it truly an unaffordable luxury to have window wall or some other, far more desirable and interesting exterior? Or is it simply that Tridel only does as much as it has to and moves on to the next one?

innsertnamehere, the sprandel is on the sides. This new render has way too much of it. +1 to what jje1000 and Tony said, please send it back. It's much more pleasing to see glass/stone/brick than exposed concrete, exposed concrete looks awful. So many materials, so many colours - gold, black, navy, red, emerald green, something. Anything but grey!

I like how this meets harbour street but harbour street doesn't really get a lot of foot traffic, when/if you get this redone can we see more of the vantage along York St from birds eye & street level? preferably with realistic lighting. please and thank you! : )

It's a huge improvement on the previous versions in the way it uses the uniqueness of the site. Fitting and dramatic. I'm also thanking the heavens that there's only one of it. In this area, that's novel enough.
It's a real good jolt on the skyline - at least it will be until Ice is finished, and Harbour Plaza is rivalling it for height. I figure anything that hides the back of Harbourclub is deserving of some faint applause.

As for the cladding, I'm not holding my breath waiting for some innovative technological marvel from Tridel. But we'll see. I suspect it will fall into the range of the usual expectations, and not outrage the uniformity of Southcore's prevailing look.

I suggested the flat iron look btw...but this version does not impress. It reminds me of some of those overwrought Vancouver developments--Shangri La meets the Mark meets West Pender Place.

The last thing this area needs is more exposed balconies and glazing. It needs an injection of colour--even a precast red brick clad version of the Florian. The flat iron shape needs to be enhanced and rise up from the ground to the peak of the building. Or why not make the entire building shaped like a ship--since it's essentially sitting in (the old) Lake Ontario shoreline, appropriate.

Why do people post their opinions on something that will not be heard or considered by the builder? It is a cool looking building, I bought one on the 51st floor!

The thing is that builder do listen to this website. Symmetry dev. Has an account, and has openly conversed with the forum about their origami lofts project. Tridel obviously has an account here, and I've heard that the owner of cityzen has a personal account and browses in anonymity.

Back