News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 386     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 961     1 

Taxis and ride-sharing in Toronto

tumblr_njyms2NWUh1unw118o1_1280.jpg

The moral of the story is never to grab a moving car. You are a bag of water held up by calcium deposits and this is a metal box weighing over 3500lbs.

Which is also why unless the guy on the outside of that metal box has some kind of weapon able to infiltrate or otherwise endanger the box, the occupants are pretty well protected by it. Holding on to a moving vehicle is dumb, but trying to shake someone off by driving away really only works out in the movies.

Which is also why unless the guy on the outside of that metal box has some kind of weapon able to infiltrate or otherwise endanger the box, the occupants are pretty well protected by it. Holding on to a moving vehicle is dumb, but trying to shake someone off by driving away really only works out in the movies.
I still see it as a clear display of threat - so self defense applies and rightfully so.

Any one would drive away in this situation, no exceptions.

I still see it as a clear display of threat - so self defense applies and rightfully so.

Any one would drive away in this situation, no exceptions.

The driver's self-defence here took the form of avoiding conflict. It wasn't until after they drove away that the guy grabbed on.

Rule of the game - you don't bang on anyone's vehicle, much less trying to hold onto it.

AoD

Yea, sorry... if someone was banging on my window with enough force to break it, I would've driven away too. The guy clearly has anger management issues, and I wouldn't want to stick around to find out how much further he is willing to go.

Im safe in my car as long as my window is shut and doors are locked. The minute someone tries to compromise that safety net, its time to react.

Back