News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 397     0 

Synergy Condos DEAD

For the record: I do not see this happening. At all.

What bank would loan money to a 100 storey building about to be built at the cusp of a potential major financial $hit-storm.

this is not the US. things function differently here. if a developer is able to pre-sell it...then a bank will loan money to it!

Besides, I am skeptical that Canada is entering a second recession. Sure there are a few indicators that economic growth has stalled, but most indicators show continuing, albeit slower, growth. If there actually is a recession, it will be largely due to people constantly telling each other that a recession is coming, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Everything considered, I hope that Synergy goes up on the TorStar lands, although the World's Biggest Bookstore location would be good too. I would hate to lose that store, though. I spent many, many hours browsing the shelves there, when I was younger.

I was just making a wild guess about the location of this tower (in the hopes of getting a reaction with solid answers--looks like my strategy worked.:)). However, SynergyCondominiums.com has been registered by "Synergy Core Investments"--anyone want to dig further or with access to a database to find who's behind this group?

Now Dubai does have history with the Synergy name--could it be by the same folks behind http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=1606 ?

The Toronto Star's New in Homes and Condo site is suggesting this project is next to or across from the Eaton Centre--could it be Dundas Square rebuild or that NW corner of Yonge and Dundas site that BlackTowerTV referred to a month or so ago on twitter?

a google search brings up two results... a .com registered to the name... and also a new york buy of property in 2004.... prolly a different developer I think...

Price: 75,000 Date: 9/23/2004 Doc: WD
Grade: D - Price Influences
Financing: PRIV

Seller: CHASE MANHATTAN MORTGAGE CORP
Buyer: SYNERGY CORE INVESTMENTS INC

Mailing Address: 1645 9TH AVE SE APT 294
ALBANY OR 97322
Site Address: 179 6TH ST
LEBANON OR 97355-2714

Property Description -
Property Class: 101 RMV Class: 101 Mkt Area: 3
Bldg Class: 132 Bldg Desc: RES One story with basement
Sq Ft: 1830 Yr Blt: 1935 % Good: 76
Bedrooms: 3 Full Baths: 2 Half Baths: 0
Land Size: 0.17 ac

Roll Account Map & TL
R 172953 122W10AC 2300 2ND FLR. FROM MTG CO.

For the record: I do not see this happening. At all.

What bank would loan money to a 100 storey building about to be built at the cusp of a potential major financial $hit-storm.

For the record: I never saw the day when Toronto would be outbuilding New York City in highrises 3 to 1. But it's happening right now.

Stranger things can happen. Trust.

I have been browsing other cities on SSP and SSC, and could not help but notice that the floor ratios tend to be a LOT greater in other cities than they are in Toronto. Looking specifically at all the purely residential towers at least 300m in height, we have:

516m 122s Pentominium, Dubai, UAE
442m 117s World One, Mumbai, India
420m 85s Damac Heights, Dubai, UAE
414m 101s Princess Tower, Dubai, UAE
412m 101s Marina 101, Dubai, UAE
400m 112s Signature Tower, Hyderabad, India
395m 89s 23 Marina, Dubai, UAE
380m 91s Elite Residence, Dubai, UAE
374m 88s The Domain, Abu Dhabi, UAE
372m 82s Oasis Tower B, Mumbai, India
367m 91s Ocean One, Pattaya, Thailand
355m 90s DLF Towers (3 towers), Mumbai, India
348m 86s The Torch, Dubai, UAE
342m 76s Ahmed Abdul Rahim Al Attar Tower, Dubai, UAE
337m 75s Orchid Crown Towers (2 towers), Mumbai, India
330m 72s Al Yaqoub Tower, Dubai, UAE
328m 80s Orchid Heights Towers (2 towers), Mumbai, India
324m 72s The Landmark, Abu Dhabi, UAE
322m 78s Q1 Tower, Gold Coast, Australia
320m 66s Palais Royale, Mumbai, India
318m 72s HHHR Tower, Dubai, UAE
313m 77s MahaNakhon-The Ritz Carlton Residences, Bangkok, Thailand
312m 76s Stratford Residences, Manila, Philippines
310m 73s Lamar Residential Tower 1, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
310m 82s Ocean Heights, Dubai, UAE
307m 85s Minerva, Mumbai, India
307m 73s Infinity Tower, Dubai, UAE
306m 85s East Pacific Center Tower A, Shenzhen, China
302m 68s Gramercy Residences, Manila, Philippines
302m 76s City of Capitals Moscow, Moscow, Russia
301m 87s Triple Square Resort Towers (2 towers), Busan, South Korea
301m 81s Shreepati Skies, Mumbai, India
301m 80s Indiabulls Sky Forest, Mumbai, India
300m 60s Selenium of Istanbul. Istanbul, Turkey
300m 70s Lamar Residential Tower 2, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
300m 80s Haeundae We've The Zenith Tower 1, Busan, South Korea

Going by the standards of every other city outside North America, a 100s residential tower would be over 400m tall. Since this mysterious developer is apparently from the UAE, will the same standards apply? In which case we could be looking at a tower in that height range, provided the City allows it.

this is not the US. things function differently here. if a developer is able to pre-sell it...then a bank will loan money to it!

I may have to rely on others for sales information but, that is absolutely absurd!

The logistics of this tower will probably playout long after the US and European debt crisis are resolved to some extent. So getting plans in now, is just getting ahead of the curve.

Spires

I have been browsing other cities on SSP and SSC, and could not help but notice that the floor ratios tend to be a LOT greater in other cities than they are in Toronto. Looking specifically at all the purely residential towers at least 300m in height, we have:

Going by the standards of every other city outside North America, a 100s residential tower would be over 400m tall. Since this mysterious developer is apparently from the UAE, will the same standards apply? In which case we could be looking at a tower in that height range, provided the City allows it.

There's a very good reason for that; Its because of their love of spires and other such ornamental crowns, (slanted roof tops, domes, clock towers... :rolleyes:, etc)
The floor to floor slab heights end up being not quite as high as they first appear.

If you discount such, then the heights are;

490m -angled roof 122s Pentominium, Dubai, UAE
442m no change 117s World One, Mumbai, India
390m -angled roof 85s Damac Heights, Dubai, UAE
360m -spire 101s Princess Tower, Dubai, UAE
370m -spire & dome 101s Marina 101, Dubai, UAE
350m -angled roof 112s Signature Tower, Hyderabad, India
320m -spire 89s 23 Marina, Dubai, UAE
310m -spire 91s Elite Residence, Dubai, UAE
320m -angled roof 88s The Domain, Abu Dhabi, UAE
372m unknown 82s Oasis Tower B, Mumbai, India
300m -spire 91s Ocean One, Pattaya, Thailand
355m unknown 90s DLF Towers (3 towers), Mumbai, India
305m -spire 86s The Torch, Dubai, UAE
305m -spire 76s Ahmed Abdul Rahim Al Attar Tower, Dubai, UAE
305m -angled roof 75s Orchid Crown Towers (2 towers), Mumbai, India
250m -clock & spire 72s Al Yaqoub Tower, Dubai, UAE
305m -spire 80s Orchid Heights Towers (2 towers), Mumbai, India
324m includes angled roof equivalent of approx. 16s 72s The Landmark, Abu Dhabi, UAE
250m -spire 78s Q1 Tower, Gold Coast, Australia
310m -crown 66s Palais Royale, Mumbai, India
270m -spire 72s HHHR Tower, Dubai, UAE
313m no change 77s MahaNakhon-The Ritz Carlton Residences, Bangkok, Thailand
312m includes crown equivalent to approx. 10s 76s Stratford Residences, Manila, Philippines
285m -spire 73s Lamar Residential Tower 1, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
295m -angled roof 82s Ocean Heights, Dubai, UAE
307m no change 85s Minerva, Mumbai, India
278m -crown 73s Infinity Tower, Dubai, UAE
306m includes angled roof equivalent of approx. 6s 85s East Pacific Center Tower A, Shenzhen, China
302m no change 68s Gramercy Residences, Manila, Philippines
302m no change 76s City of Capitals Moscow, Moscow, Russia
301m unknown 87s Triple Square Resort Towers (2 towers), Busan, South Korea
301m unknown 81s Shreepati Skies, Mumbai, India
301m includes crown equivalent to approx. 9s 80s Indiabulls Sky Forest, Mumbai, India
300m unknown 60s Selenium of Istanbul. Istanbul, Turkey
275m -spire 70s Lamar Residential Tower 2, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
285m -crown 80s Haeundae We've The Zenith Tower 1, Busan, South Korea
^^^...dumbest name ever for a building.
note; these are all estimates mostly based on the diagrams from skyscraperpage

Basically what this means is that 100s with a flat roof would probably be around 325m (+/- 20m) add a spire and it could be well over 360m.
Trumps for instance adds 40m in height.

Oh the suspense!

Ugh. Rumour has it that Synergy Condos is going into VIP mode, and we don't know where it is. Anyone?!

So potential double disappointment. Not only may this be insignificant but also ugly considering that crap built in that area.

It could. At the Northwest corner of Yonge and Wilson it would'nt be near any homes and would look awesome from the 401 rising from the hollow.

It could. At the Northwest corner of Yonge and Wilson it would'nt be near any homes and would look awesome from the 401 rising from the hollow.

Aside from the fact that it would look extremely out of place, it's not the worst location for such a beast given it would probably have an underground subway connection, it's on a major road near the highway, etc. I'm not one of those build-high-at-all-costs people, but if the only thing it would shadow would be a golf course and some small office buildings, why not?

For the record, I don't actually believe this will be a 100-storey proposal.

Last edited:
there is still some confusion about this one....theredpin.com is the only site reporting the Hogg's Hollow location - although they may indeed be right....@talkcondo on the other hand tweeted that it will be "downtown Yonge".........

Back