News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

steveve's Toronto city model

Anyway you see it, Scotia's certainly not a simple building. :D

LOL!... I just finished Scotia Plaza... it's not perfect, but a huge improvement over the one on the old model... i'll post pictures shortly,

This means that all of the major (completed) MINT towers have been built except for Brookfield Place, Trump tower is most likely going to be the next major skyscraper built!,

ohh so Trump is next? Even though I'm not its biggest fan IRL, I have a feeling it'll look pretty good in the model. Since, for me anyways, the problem was never its built form/massing which is actually quite nice.

ohh so Trump is next? Even though I'm not its biggest fan IRL, I have a feeling it'll look pretty good in the model. Since, for me anyways, the problem was never its built form/massing which is actually quite nice.

lol! Well, if you hate the green spandrel in real life, the models are colourless :D, definitely less distracting

Update August 18, 2011:

Scotia Plaza is complete (it's not perfect, and has imperfections,... it was by far the most frustrating to build, as the small setbacks make the cardboard brittle, so this had to be put together piece by piece),

6056308356_e3af36b2c5_z.jpg

6055764601_44106766eb_z.jpg

6056312686_ab3231329b_z.jpg

And... the hole for Trump Tower:

6056309644_aa51e8d847_z.jpg

Now, i just have to find research some info for all the setback heights at Trump...

As someone with little DIY or crafty talents, I need to say once again how impressed I am by this project of yours Steveve. Once complete, I hope that members of this board and the community at large will help you find a forum to display it and make it accessible to Torontonians. Thank-you for your hard work. This is one of my favorite projects under construction right now!

ty Bruvyman! ^^^.... i don't even know how much i can get done before high school is finished.... i don't think it'll get as big as the old model (all the way past bloor street, and west towards John street), but i'll go as big as i can :)

I'll try to finish at least the base portion of Trump Tower today, and post a picture when i'm done, :D

ty Bruvyman! ^^^.... i don't even know how much i can get done before high school is finished.... i don't think it'll get as big as the old model (all the way past bloor street, and west towards John street), but i'll go as big as i can :)

I'll try to finish at least the base portion of Trump Tower today, and post a picture when i'm done, :D

Are you planning on going as far west as University to include Shangri-La?

Are you planning on going as far west as University to include Shangri-La?

definitely! :D, I'd rather go west of the CBD (to the Ritz/RBC/Shangri-la area), than north (city hall, eaton centre area), much more exciting :)

*Taking a 30min break from building Trump. I'm at about the half way point, and will share photos very shortly documenting progress,

Okay, here's what i've got as of around 2:30pm today.... It is nowhere near complete, details will still be added and what not, i might even get it finished today,

I've took photos along the way, and i'll post all of those when building is complete, so you can see step-by-step what happened,

6059933584_aebbb0017f_z.jpg

6059385713_1990613ea7.jpg

Cheers :D

Nice to see your Trump under construction. On another note, too bad those antenna on top of FCP don't like that in real life. Reminds me of the John Hancock center, would of made FCP look more interesting IRL, as opposed to the mess we got.

Steveve, any chance you can post a picture with the model and something I can identify with for scale (maybe a can of pop, cell phone, etc.)?

Also, unless you don't want to share any secrets, you should post up a few pictures of how you actually make the buildings. I mean I know how it must be done, but some during shots would be kind of interesting.

Keep up the good work!

Nice to see your Trump under construction. On another note, too bad those antenna on top of FCP don't like that in real life. Reminds me of the John Hancock center, would of made FCP look more interesting IRL, as opposed to the mess we got.

lol, the limitations of modelling allow for that kinda stuff :D

Steveve, any chance you can post a picture with the model and something I can identify with for scale (maybe a can of pop, cell phone, etc.)?

Also, unless you don't want to share any secrets, you should post up a few pictures of how you actually make the buildings. I mean I know how it must be done, but some during shots would be kind of interesting.

Keep up the good work!

no prob, no secrets :D, i just put random stuff there's an iPod and a 12inch ruler,

6059832067_931d47727e_z.jpg

On another note, i just might get Trump finished by today, it's tougher than i thought, and some changes have been made to the base of the structure which i posted above....

cheers! :D

Okay... so here it is... Trump Tower,
I'm pretty satisfied for the results, even though i know it's far from perfect... this one involved probably the most patience out of all the models that i've built,

6060589898_43a14cc2b8_z.jpg

6060044559_ee637086f4_z.jpg

Pre-Complete photo:

6060596782_075b4ee6ab_z.jpg

6060593470_f9ec6d44b3_z.jpg

6060042247_d564b43f32_z.jpg

6060045501_1c539d4f7f.jpg

6060041195_d5fefc0b75_z.jpg

Excellent work - and I also love your enthusiasm and contributions to the entire forum (from someone who mostly lurks, it needed saying!)

Back