News   May 08, 2024
 674     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 924     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.1K     3 

Star: TTC row ends in charges, lawsuit

Do you actually know what happened or are you just finding it comfortable to agree with the version of the news report that agreed with your assumptions?

Sexism aside why is everybody so eger to convict the driver for something that the police had dismissed? Nothing's has been proved and i'm sure non of us are there.

All we know was that one prick was rude to another prick and it resulted in an altercation. And now under the advice of some lawyer, one of them is sueing the other one for enough money that the one who sued, if won, probably wouldn't have to work another day in her reminder life.

anyways... whatever... sigh...

41 year old artist (who probably doesn't make much if anything) especially in these bad economic times....

Hmmmmm

Actually, you are. please scroll up for a clue.

I've expressed my opinion. I can't find anywhere where I've urged anyone else to share in my opinion, neither can I find anywhere where I've asked anybody else to refrain from commenting because they've disagreed with me.

yourself?

Hands around the throat = attempted murder in any reasonable person's book. Doesn't matter that she was asking for something by demanding politeness. An empty coffee cup = a weapon, though......not so much. Unless the driver is allergic to paper, of course, or has delicate skin prone to paper cuts.

And, yes, the 911 operator was inexcusably rude.

Hands around the throat = attempted murder in any reasonable person's book. Doesn't matter that she was asking for something by demanding politeness. An empty coffee cup = a weapon, though......not so much. Unless the driver is allergic to paper, of course, or has delicate skin prone to paper cuts.

And, yes, the 911 operator was inexcusably rude.

there's the point. According to her under the advice of her lawyer.

all i'm saying is that we shouldn't jump to any conclusions.

the TTC operator told another story that as of this monent, that's the offical version which the police dept had accepted.

It coffee cup throwing artist could be telling the right version for all we know, but then again, so could the driver.

What we should all remember is that the police had arrived on the scene on the day of the incident and the plantiff would surely have told her story to the police when they had arrived on that day. If there are true merits to her claims of assault, attempted murder, or whatever, then the police would most likely have made an arrest, or at least detained the driver, on that day. The fact that she waited months and then came back with a lawyer could indicate that she went back home, thought about it and decided that this could make her some cash.

Unless ofcourse, if you want to accuse the police of pure incompetence... if you want to open that can, then go ahead...

Last edited:

the TTC operator told another story that as of this monent, that's the offical version which the police dept had accepted.

It coffee cup throwing artist could be telling the right version for all we know, but then again, so could the driver.

What we should all remember is that the police had arrived on the scene on the day of the incident and the plantiff would surely have told her story to the police when they had arrived on that day. If there are true merits to her claims of assault, attempted murder, or whatever, then the police would most likely have made an arrest, or at least detained the driver, on that day. The fact that she waited months and then came back with a lawyer could indicate that she went back home, thought about it and decided that this could make her some cash.

Unless ofcourse, if you want to accuse the police of pure incompetence... if you want to open that can, then go ahead...

Police do make mistakes. Choking in any instance = not ok. Even that far this driver should not have a job. Choking and slamming the passenger's head around = assault bordering on attempted murder (provided proof that he was in incontrollable rage). It is as simple as that.

I've expressed my opinion.

And I've expressed mine.
You condone attempted murder and you were called on it....which seems to have upset you. Sorry, but don't be so sensitive.

Unless it's your conclusion, right?

Yeah, it was her lawyer that instructed the witnesses to say that the driver had her by the neck. Her lawyer must have psychic and telepathic powers to have been able to do this with the woman that called 911.

Or, we can state what's really going on...the cops sided with the driver/TTC and pretended that whatever happened wasn't that bad and that a violent assault - if not attempted murder outright - was justified by a slow moving paper projectile and aggressive politeness.

How about scarberiankhatru in the bank, with that big metal stick they use to change the switches (does that thing have a name?)

Homer rings Barts neck all the time. I wouldn't call that attempted murder. :p

Who cares what you would call it? You don't know the difference between reality and a cartoon.

Who cares what you would call it? You don't know the difference between reality and a cartoon.

We obviously don't know what really happened as we weren't there but really, you really think the TTC driver was really attempting to murder this passenger?

He just woke up that day and said to himself, "what a crappy rainy day, I'm going to try and kill a passenger today" or that he is just some sort of mentally deranged lunatic that was just "aggravated" enough to decide to try and murder someone?

:rolleyes:

We obviously don't know what really happened as we weren't there but really, you really think the TTC driver was really attempting to murder this passenger?

He just woke up that day and said to himself, "what a crappy rainy day, I'm going to try and kill a passenger today" or that he is just some sort of mentally deranged lunatic that was just "aggravated" enough to decide to try and murder someone?

:rolleyes:

We do know that hands on the neck = life threatening. What's the difference if the driver was just trying to subdue her via strangling, and not actually murder her?

Back