4.5K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Those townhouses are just nasty.

How does shit like this get built?

I'm in the market for a condo right now. Recently looked at listed units in Phase I and II. I actually preferred the townsuite interior, but dang the exterior is fugly.

I'm curious to know how the residents in Phase I are finding the place now - have things normalized since you moved in? Are you happy with your choice at this point?

our grandchildren will never forgive us. may simcoe have mercy on our soul.

May 15th Town Home Update

The Townhomes are done and some appear occupied. To add insult to injury, not a tree, hedge or piece of green in sight. Perhaps it's to come.

Walking around the Star of Downtown low-rise site I was surprised to see that there is still a good deal of work to be done around the exterior of the site. One retail space has been leased as a drug store, unfortunately the rest remain empty.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Everytime I pass by this project, I shake my head. Brand new yet they look like they should be knocked down.

Everytime I pass by this project, I shake my head. Brand new yet they look like they should be knocked down.

Then if you saw them being built, you'd know a real good wind could probably do it.

^ ^ ^

I'm sorry ... but those are SOOOO WRONG ! :(

I totally agree! These should never have been approved for this downtown location. Hell, I wouldn't even approve of them in Scarborough, let alone a major downtown street. First of all, where is the retail? (along Wellesley)

I totally agree! These should never have been approved for this downtown location. Hell, I wouldn't even approve of them in Scarborough, let alone a major downtown street. First of all, where is the retail? (along Wellesley)

Actually, there's no retail in the town homes just in the midrise.

I wonder what the prices were for these townhouses. I walked by on Friday and noticed lot of younger folk have moved in. I've been shopping around TO for townhouses and so far average price has been $600K.

Registration update?

Hi,
I've just recently bought one of the townsuites- and I must say if I had read this forum before I might have saved myself a lot of hassle.

In any case, I was wondering whether this group of residents is still meeting on a fairly regular basis at all? I'd like to meet other people who might be having the same difficulties. Has anyone been able to get an answer from the builder about when the condo will be registered? I had to give 9 cheques for the occupancy fee; my lawyer said they usually ask for more than they need and that seeing as how the buildings are finished it "shouldn't take long" (whatever that means) but I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone at the builder's phone number. Does anyone know anything???

I also bought one of the units but in the midrise building. My registration was was originally supposed to occur in December 2008 but I didn't close until April 2009. The reason is that there were issues that the city wanted fixed before the building passes inspection. However, because you guys live in townsuite complex it is less likely that you 'd run into the type of issues a mid/high rise building would.
I've heard from a real estate agent though that the builder promised to close by September; but as I have learned from experience I wouldn't take their word for it.

Back