News   May 01, 2024
 401     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 225     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 301     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Does the building have security?

No security, the only thing they have is the card keys at all entrances, but if the workers keep leaving the doors ajar there is no security at all.

This developer is a real winner, they are asking me to prove to them that they delayed my condo hand over and that they owe me back the money I paid in rent for those 8 days.

March 25, 2008

star-2.jpg

No security, the only thing they have is the card keys at all entrances, but if the workers keep leaving the doors ajar there is no security at all.

Let's hope we don't have any of the bad guys as members here.

In my condo building (about 5-6 years old), there were regular break-ins in the underground garage until the condo board raised money (via a special assessment) for a CCTV system in the garage. The cameras seem to be a good deterrent so far.

You're right about the garages being more dangerous than on-street parking, without the cameras, anyway. Once the thief is in (which is seldom a problem), he can operate in safety and without worrying about people seeing him/her. In a garage, you can usually hear someone coming in advance.

Sadly yes we are living in the mess and people are fed up in the building.
We tried for the first month to keep a positive attitude and be patient but frankly the builder does not give a damn about the residents of the building. While charging us a very high rent until our mortgages kick in. Frustration is at high level.

I heard people are uniting and organizing now. I plan on joining them.

Wow Mot, sorry to hear about this. I took possession of my 7th floor unit last week but since I am just looking to sell I haven't been by too much. Just having agents go in an show the place. I have to say though, my views on the East side are phenomenal and the unit finishes aren't that bad. I will join if you are staring a group to unite. My client gets possession of his PH unit in 17 days (I went up to the PH and nothing is remotely ready, no drywall, no electrical, no floors) I have no idea how they plan to have him occupy on Apr 15th. Tarion will definitely have to kick in.

Not surprising that they're taking the sales centre down, I'd want to get the hell out of Dodge too if I were responsible for something like that monstrosity.

Well, I was going to express my disbelief that the City actually allowed them to use stucco as an exterior finishing material on a high rise, but that felt a little snide. I actually didn't even know it was possible to apply stucco to the semi-rigid insulation, I always figured you at least had to stick with the rigid insulation so that there'd be a proper backing surface.

It couldn't have been more than two or three years ago that the side fell off of that building at Yonge/Wellesley, was it? And that's a relatively new building, too. And of vastly higher quality. Anyone want to start a pool for when this one starts shedding its skin?

Probably not long after it collects what will look like 20+ years of soot and grime about a year or two after construction. Stucco has a way of doing that. It's probably the worst thing you could possibly cover a building with if you want it to look clean and fresh for more than eighteen months.

the new Lowes, just recently built just South of Lawrence, is covered in Stucco, and its ALREADY starting to fall off. its only been built for.... 5 months? sort of reflects badly on a "home improvement" store if its falling apart after 5 months.... The star of Downtown doesn't stand a chance....

I'm curious to see how this will look when finished. It isn't looking quite as bad as I anticipated so far.

Don't worry, it'll soon fit in with its grungy falling-apart surroundings. They're just keeping in tone with the neighbourhood.

I dunno about stucco falling off....my parents' house had stucco (different city), and it never chipped or degraded...it's still standing, afaik...

Back