News   May 02, 2024
 114     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 401     0 

Star of Downtown, The (Willowfield/Norstar, 12s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

/\ Buildings often differ from their renders, rarely for the better.

Indeed they do. Hence the sarcasm.

With this building, I don't know how it would be possible for the building to turn out worse than the rendering.

Though, something tells me I should still reserve judgment until it's complete.

Here is a view of the rear of Star of Downtown...the stucco seems innocuous enough to me:

frogeyeinmarch002.jpg

Will look better than the render if it stays like this. I'm worried they'll add "frills" that will sink it.

Seriously, people are living in this?

Sadly yes we are living in the mess and people are fed up in the building.
We tried for the first month to keep a positive attitude and be patient but frankly the builder does not give a damn about the residents of the building. While charging us a very high rent until our mortgages kick in. Frustration is at high level.

I heard people are uniting and organizing now. I plan on joining them.

I noticed a car window in the garage was broken in yesterday. I tried to report it to the police but they said the owner must call. I suggest when parking in the garage to not leave anything out in the open.

The workers keep leaving items in the doors to they can get in an out easier. Many times at night when walking my dog I have to take out the piece of wood or metal they leave to keep the door ajar.

question!

How many months you have to pay the "rent" before the title transferred? They shouldn't force us to rent from them at a pre-determined high rent price. It doesn't seem to be fair.

Sadly yes we are living in the mess and people are fed up in the building.
We tried for the first month to keep a positive attitude and be patient but frankly the builder does not give a damn about the residents of the building. While charging us a very high rent until our mortgages kick in. Frustration is at high level.

I heard people are uniting and organizing now. I plan on joining them.

How many months you have to pay the "rent" before the title transferred? They shouldn't force us to rent from them at a pre-determined high rent price. It doesn't seem to be fair.

I had to give them 6 months worth checks in advance. I hope they do not abuse it and make us pay that long. I really am fed up with Willowfield Winchester. I will never buy anything from them ever again and will never recommend them to anyone.

Sadly, business is business to these developers, Our leaving the US didn't mean leaving bad business practices. I'd hoped Canada would be different in this area.

I live in the same general area and have found car break-ins to be a real problem. I've been averaging two a year for the last three years I've lived here. I feel kind of guilty admitting it, but I've been anxiously awaiting the completion of TSoD, Verve, and 500 Sherbourne because I figure it'll create a buffer from all the crackheads that keep breaking my windows. Like, maybe they'll get enough for a hit from all of those *other* cars and leave mine alone.

I live in the same general area and have found car break-ins to be a real problem. I've been averaging two a year for the last three years I've lived here. I feel kind of guilty admitting it, but I've been anxiously awaiting the completion of TSoD, Verve, and 500 Sherbourne because I figure it'll create a buffer from all the crackheads that keep breaking my windows. Like, maybe they'll get enough for a hit from all of those *other* cars and leave mine alone.

Just a suggestion, but why not take all valuables out of your car and just keep it unlocked? Friends of mine do that and it saves them from having to replace windows.

Sadly, business is business to these developers, Our leaving the US didn't mean leaving bad business practices. I'd hoped Canada would be different in this area.

I might be wrong, but I believe that Willowfield Winchester's home base is Buffalo, New York, and that this is their first building in TO. (Am I right on either count?)

In any case, that's not to say that Canada will be bad-business-free...

Just a suggestion, but why not take all valuables out of your car and just keep it unlocked? Friends of mine do that and it saves them from having to replace windows.

Done and done, after the first time. Even with the doors unlocked and the car absolutely empty they still feel the need to smash the window and rifle through the glove box every few months

And never underestimate the temptation to hotwire and joyride...

Unfortunately this is all too common. I hate to say it but a car is safer parked on the street than in an apartment or condo underground. I even found my car stolen on Christmas eve day around 1999 or 2000 and my car was parked behind two security gates in the resident parking area.

Back