News   Apr 23, 2024
 309     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 895     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 494     0 

Star of Downtown Condos ((Willowfield, Norstar) - Real Estate -

Sorry if this was already covered, but did this building replace a parking lot or another building?

Hmmm

Dame Edna, Green envy clashes with your pink hair. :eek:

Good question RJ, I'd like to know as well.

I will remind everyone to be nice. We wouldn't want a repeat of the Sixty Lofts thread, now would we?

Thanks for pointing out that thread. I don't know how I missed it. Very funny. There was a more recent thread with similarities with numerous people signing up at the same time dealing with the design of One Bloor which was even more humorous due to the individual purporting to be part of a large organization with a poorly written letter. I have seen a forum somewhere which showed the IP addresses of users when you click on the username. If strange threads keep popping up maybe we will need something like that.

have no fear, am not about to get all paranoid just because St Jamestown is next door, I lived in some fairly interesting neighbourhoods in east London years back, some thing don't change, despite geography.

My criticisms of the project would have nothing to do with the location. My complaints would be the used car sales style marketing, ho-hum design, and overly basic finishes. It will still improve the neighbourhood though. There was a condo marketed a few years back in the Lakeshore/New Toronto area which this project reminds me of except it was worse. The ad was in the Condo Guide for over a year and I'm not sure it was ever built but the ad looked like it was put together by someone with no clue, a poor picture of a model suite they didn't even bother painting with colour (it was all white) and particle board furnishings and basic everything. Even the company's logo was poorly done. I wish I had kept the odd Condo Guide over the years just to look back at what was offered seven or eight years ago as compared with today.

...the ad looked like it was put together by someone with no clue, a poor picture of a model suite they didn't even bother painting with colour (it was all white) and particle board furnishings and basic everything. Even the company's logo was poorly done.
So basically like a Harry Stinson project! :p

Finishes

We got our letter over the weekend that we will need to pick out the finishes and upgrades soon.

They also mentioned needing 12 post dated checks from us, I assume this is for maintenance fees.

Also a lawyer is required. I didn't you had to have one to purchase a condo in Toronto.

Why would you think you would not need a lawyer for a condo purchase? It's the same as purchasing a house.

Lawyer

It's not required to use one where I live in the US. Aren't these just standard contracts that everyone buying is signing?

I read through it, what did your attorney find objectionable?

I've contacted a friend regarding a lawyer there just in case. I am researching why one is required.

Awesome!

Thanks for the update. I wish we could be there to see it ourselves.

It's not required to use one where I live in the US. Aren't these just standard contracts that everyone buying is signing?

I read through it, what did your attorney find objectionable?

I've contacted a friend regarding a lawyer there just in case. I am researching why one is required.

Well, you'll want a lawyer to make sure the contract actually sells you what you think it is that you're buying. And to register the purchase, and your mortage. The Ministry of Government Services is in the process of changing the rules here so that only a lawyer will be able to register a document affecting title to real property.

Thanks

I appreciate the information Andrea. We contacted a friend of ours who made a purchase last year in Toronto. He recommended the lawyer he used. So we hired him.

The Ministry of Government Services is in the process of changing the rules here so that only a lawyer will be able to register a document affecting title to real property.

Is this due to the fact that some people had their properties stolen from them through fraud?

Back