News   Apr 22, 2024
 885     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 292     0 

Star of Downtown Condos ((Willowfield, Norstar) - Real Estate -

Mot

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did anyone else buy in this project? We contracted for a Tribeca Unit.

I am curious if people negotiated a price.

Tribeca

We considered the Manhattan, but I had to have the double shower and the corner windows!

We recently signed our agreement and are waiting for the mortgage company to finish the approval. We didn't receive any letter on the finishes yet.

Did they update your move in date? We have mid November.

Whoa. I'm surprised this thread exists. Am I going to need to bite my tongue now when I have the urge to joke about this project now that two members have joined which are apparently purchasing in the building?

The Star of Downtown

We're on the second. We learned about the project too late to get anything above that.

We want to upgrade with the island and oven. I wonder when they will let us request it?

I can understand people making light of the name of the project, but where else can people buy downtown for under $300,000 that has 2 bedrooms, 2 baths a parking space and storage locker. Plus I am a fan of art deco, it's all subjective. Would you rather the Star of Downtown or what was on the location previously?

I am not afraid of poor people, many of us started out that way.

The site does have a rather interesting history. There's lots of discussion, if you're interested, in a P&C thread about the reaction to the architecture and construction. The architecture is meh IMO, and the name of the building is rather silly, but I do hope it turns out okay.

I will remind everyone to be nice. We wouldn't want a repeat of the Sixty Lofts thread, now would we?

I'm looking at you, andreapalladio, Archivistower, borgos, building babel, cdl42, Observer Walt, and spmarshall.

Dang. I've been working on a Stars on 45 tie-in joke for months, and now I can't use it.

They really don't like it

I checked out the other thread. People really hate the building. I like that it's different. I also am going to love walking to work downtown every day.

I figure with the verve going in the neighborhood has got to be on an upswing.

The Stars on 45! LOL I haven't thought about that 45 since Junior High School. Fortunately I didn't buy it, but my friends did.

Thanks

Brit,

Thanks for the photos of the progress. My floor is up!

Last night we realized the master bedroom in our unit is smaller than the small spare bedroom in our current home. It's going to be fun trying to get a king size bed in there.

Back