News   Apr 16, 2024
 231     0 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 590     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Stackt Container Market (28 Bathurst St, future park)

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...icationsList.do?action=init&folderRsn=3271753

28 BATHURST ST

Ward 19 - Tor & E.York OPA / Rezoning

Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning to permit the redevelopment of the lands for two new 16-storey residential buildings and one new 19-storey building with retail/commercial uses on the lower two floors and residential units on the upper floors consisting of residential at 54764m2 and retail at 2636m2. There will be a total of 363 below grade parking. A new east-west public road and new public park are also being proposed.

So this development is directly across the street (west side of Bathurst) from the Minto-Freed project below
also the new road must be the artery that has been recently mentioned connecting Strachan Ave.

FrontandBathurst_zpscad9a107.jpg

Last edited:
Correct - there are two separate proposed developments at Front and Bathrust - one on the NE Corner and one on the NW corner

What an awesome development! I hope this one gets built and raises the bar for future development in the area.

What is worrisome to me, is that this proposal virtually kills any feasible chance for future extension of Front St. (to the west).
Much studied options from the past decades, with some modifications, could still make sense now, but with this happening?
Nowhere in LEA study there is even any mention of such possibility.

What is worrisome to me, is that this proposal virtually kills any feasible chance for future extension of Front St. (to the west).
Much studied options from the past decades, with some modifications, could still make sense now, but with this happening?
Nowhere in LEA study there is even any mention of such possibility.

Yeah...it does look like this project would block any plans from keeping Front street aligned and extending westward:confused:

28bathurst1_zps1ef4fc76.jpg

Back