News   Aug 30, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 521     0 

Stackt Container Market (28 Bathurst St, future park)

I cant believe Stackt got a 10 year extension on their lease. This place just makes NOISE and has no place in a residential area. Im a block away and can hear the music thumping constantly even with closed windows. And then there are all the compaints to the city... IGNORED. Toronto is LAWLESS because they wont enforce any laws. I truly hate Stackt.
If you have noise complaint you should DOCUMENT THEM carefully, day/time, and email your Councillor Councillor_Malik@toronto.ca

If you have noise complaint you should DOCUMENT THEM carefully, day/time, and email your Councillor Councillor_Malik@toronto.ca
You'd be wasting your time contacting the councillors' office for this.

If you have a noise issue email 311@toronto.ca. If this is a recurring problem provide some information on that matter. Describe the nature of the disturbance, the time it occurres at and how it is affecting you in your home.

If you have a noise issue email 311@toronto.ca. If this is a recurring problem provide some information on that matter. Describe the nature of the disturbance, the time it occurres at and how it is affecting you in your home.
I had assumed that 311 had failed. Certainly use 311 first.

An initial straight-up noise complaint, meaning one in which the allegation is that the level of noise is not permitted at all or not permitted after a certain time, should certainly go to 311/By-law first. Though, no harm copying the Councillor on that.

However, if the complaint is over a legal/permitted level of noise, for an outdoor market, where music is permitted, then the matter is squarely political in that this is on City land, and the market is tenant of the City.

The City, politically, can exercise different influence as landlord from that which by-law can apply, additional to that was the question of whether this use remains appropriate, noting that it has long been promised to the Community as a park.

For my part, I lack any vested interest here, I'm not an area resident, and while I haven't noticed the noise being unreasonable when passing by or through, I am just passing by or through.

I like the idea of Stakt, but at some point the City does need to honour the original plan here, or formally abandon it and explain why.

Also, though I like the idea of Stakt, I've overall been underwhelmed by the businesses in it when passing through, there have been a couple of good ones through the years......but, overall......meh.

Ive recently learned emailing the councillor is the way to go. Its the councillors that approve the noise permits and they have no idea just how many noise complaints there are against Stackt .

I hope everyone else also emails with the complaint against Stackts noise.

I think stackt adds something to the absolutely soulless area, so I think i'd feel the loss if it were gone, but I guess the clock is ticking anyway because the site will be redeveloped. You live in a big city, of course there will be noise.

Back