News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 661     0 

Stackt Container Market (28 Bathurst St, future park)

Oct 5, 2019

Nuit Blanche

DSC03164.JPG

DSC03166.JPG

DSC03167.JPG

DSC03169.JPG

DSC03175.JPG

DSC03177.JPG

DSC03178.JPG

DSC03179.JPG

DSC03181.JPG

DSC03183.JPG

DSC03196.JPG

DSC03197.JPG

DSC03200.JPG

DSC03201.JPG

DSC03204.JPG

Wow, how were these guys able to get this much land leased from the city?
good question, I also wondered what this deal looked like and who actually paid for all the improvements to the land which is contaminated.
Does anyone on here have any links to any details about this deal???

I did not expect the orginal Front street extension plan, but a least a new road north of the tracks from Bathurst to Liberty Village
Sad, considering that this is the start of much more development to come between Bathurst and Strachan...
I don't think roads are necessary between LV and the downtown core. What about an LRT instead?

This is a great use of space, and overtime, it has the potential to become a destination for tourists and locals. As development pushes further west along the rail corridor there are the Wellington Destructor and Abattoir sites prime for re-development making use of existing spaces. I envision the Belgian Moon brewery could stick around and the pedestrian path continues through these new residential and retail sites (reminiscent of eclectic Distillery District.) westbound towards the garrison crossing bridges and stanley park extension.

The rail deck park on the other side of Bathurst can kick it all off and the Well will become a destination in it's own right. . A brand new "destination" for the city. Adjust property values (and taxes) accordingly.

I'd really dig that. The next 5 to 10 years are going to be interesting. Could this happen?

This is a great use of space, and overtime, it has the potential to become a destination for tourists and locals. As development pushes further west along the rail corridor there are the Wellington Destructor and Abattoir sites prime for re-development making use of existing spaces. I envision the Belgian Moon brewery could stick around and the pedestrian path continues through these new residential and retail sites (reminiscent of eclectic Distillery District.) westbound towards the garrison crossing bridges and stanley park extension.

The rail deck park on the other side of Bathurst can kick it all off and the Well will become a destination in it's own right. . A brand new "destination" for the city. Adjust property values (and taxes) accordingly.

I'd really dig that. The next 5 to 10 years are going to be interesting. Could this happen?

The plan -- at least as it stands today -- is for this site to become a park in the future. It is City-owned land that is being leased to the owners of the market, with a sub-3-year term IIRC.

Parks are for rail decks. This site has much more potential than just a park.. Retail can be.combined with a park - as we see now. The key is to maintain connectivity all the way up to Stanley Parksouth extension, and Garrison Crossing to Fort York park and on to the waterfront.

The plan -- at least as it stands today -- is for this site to become a park in the future. It is City-owned land that is being leased to the owners of the market, with a sub-3-year term IIRC.

Im with you on this one...also why the new road at the back instead of the front of this development, strange:confused: my ip birthday wishes tneb
Looks to me like it will end up an ugly mess overlooking Fort York
I'm with both of you on this. I'm as pro-intensification and pro-transit as most here, but developing like this is a big city vs. little city issue. The Front Street extension, or a least a modified/shoertened version of it as a local access road, was a necessary piece of infrastructure in the city, and would have been built by now.

Last edited:
I'm with both of you on this. I'm as pro-intensification and pro-transit as most here, but developing like this is a big city vs. little city issue. The Front Street extension, or a least a modified/shoertened version of it as a local access road, was a necessary piece of infrastructure in the city, and would have been built by now.
Necessary? Why? What's you reasoning / data?
Fast transit is necessary and fast connections are necessary.

Back