Toronto St Michael's Hospital Patient Care Tower & Emergency Department | ?m | 17s | St. Michael's | NORR

Demolition was under way this morning.

indeed.

unname2.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unname2.jpg
    unname2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 836
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 793
Thanks for posting pics ksun.
I'm very interested in seeing this one to completion.

St. Michael's Hospital really needs this new wing, probably more than any other downtown hospital that I can think of. I'm glad it is happening.

St. Michael's Hospital really needs this new wing, probably more than any other downtown hospital that I can think of. I'm glad it is happening.

Yes, for a downtown hospital it is oddly disconnected from the public who walk by it. A more cohesive ground floor for the entire building will open the facility up to the city.

What was there previously? I walked past it everyday for the past 5 years and never realized what those were - just knowing it was ugly.

What was there previously? I walked past it everyday for the past 5 years and never realized what those were - just knowing it was ugly.

I was also interested in knowing this when i saw the demo this morning. Checked it out on Google Earth and it looks like it was some sort of private parking structure.

I was also interested in knowing this when i saw the demo this morning. Checked it out on Google Earth and it looks like it was some sort of private parking structure.

there were roughly 30 parking spots for hospital employees.

Interested to see what they'll build.
Wonder when it'd be completed.

Click on the dataBase link near the top of the page. That will take you to a file with images and links to front page stories telling you exactly what's planned here.

Back