News   Apr 26, 2024
 373     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 329     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 520     0 

St Lawrence Market

Hot off of the phone and having spoken with Don, 100% rebuild - 1986.

BTW, for those New Arrivals on this site, the two trees, one only now remaining, were planted by Howard and I one evening

during the fall of '74; he being a partner in The Underground Railroad Restaurant, then a tenant within the present building.

Regards,
J T

Hot off of the phone and having spoken with Don, 100% rebuild - 1986.

BTW, for those New Arrivals on this site, the two trees, one only now remaining, were planted by Howard and I one evening

during the fall of '74; he being a partner in The Underground Railroad Restaurant, then a tenant within the present building.

Regards,
J T

Very cool, thanks... 1986 rebuild for the Dintez building at 231 King E? Or the D&E next door? Or both?

I'm so glad this project is wrapping up - the way the sidewalk was hoarded at this busy location was not very pleasant, to be charitable. At worst, openly hostile to pedestrians - very narrow, a piece of flimsy plywood over a trench dug in the ground. The hoarding is gone, but the trench is still there.

I'm so glad this project is wrapping up - the way the sidewalk was hoarded at this busy location was not very pleasant, to be charitable. At worst, openly hostile to pedestrians - very narrow, a piece of flimsy plywood over a trench dug in the ground. The hoarding is gone, but the trench is still there.
Have you phoned 311? If not, and if it is dangerous, you should.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1T4

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 141737 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 11, 2014

Project: Retail Store Other(BA)

Description: Proposal for interior alterations and a new outdoor patio on private property to existing grocery store - Metro

The patio is now open at The Jason George on Front St E and Jarvis. Great spot for a pint or refreshment with great views of downtown skyline and St Lawrence Market and no road/sidewalk construction. Enjoy.

TORONTO M5E 1B3

Application#: 14 142224 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 14, 2014

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to vacant space on the ground floor to create restaurant/lounge "CC Lounge"

TORONTO M5E 1B3

Application#: 14 142224 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 14, 2014

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to vacant space on the ground floor to create restaurant/lounge "CC Lounge"

Yep, this is the old Nicholas Hoare bookshop and they have had an alcohol permit application in the window for a few weeks. It will need to be a damned good restaurant to replace the gap left by the bookshop closure!

There doesn't seem to be a thread specific to this, but Berczy Park and Scott St are set for a major revitalization. They've been doing repeated consultations and this PDF from March has the details of the current plan, which includes a layout change, an opening up of the Front St. site, a patterned granite surface, a new fountain featuring "spitting dogs", and various other things.

Page 30 also shows a render with the segment of Scott St. between Front and Wellington surfaced with the same cobblestone used on the recent Market St. revitalization. Overall, I think this looks fantastic, but I doubt there's any hope of completion before the 2015 Pan Am games, which would have been nice.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aesjseulrj7g2gk/0oY3KsVs2n/140311-berczy-public-meeting_REDUCED.pdf

berczy.jpg

Attachments

• berczy.jpg
    berczy.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 852
Application: Designated Structures Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1E1

Application#: 14 148650 DST 00 DS Accepted Date: Apr 30, 2014

Project: First Party Sign Building Permit Related

Description: To erect and display three wall signs, one of which is non-illuminated, and one illuminated projecting sign. **Burger King**

I wonder why Burger King would want to set up in that location, when even McDonalds, just across the street, seems to not be very busy? That area does not get heavy foot traffic.

Back