News   Apr 25, 2024
 186     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

St Lawrence Market

The work at St James Park is moving along. They are currently laying pavers (18x6") on the 'plaza' in front of the new 'band shell'. Looks pretty good and I'm glad it is not plain concrete. Next week they will be doing the remaining new concrete paths so they seem to be moving towards a late July completion. (The City have been busy re-planting the Victorian garden too.)

Apparently the St James Cathedral heritage lighting will be being adjusted tonight, tomorrow and a couple of days next week. They still hope to have it on permanently sometime in September.

July 15, 2020

The architectural lighting seemed softer and more subtle to me than the first night the cathedral was lit about a month ago.

One light at the base of the north side of the steeple is still not working. It's noticeable in the last pic. DSC, can you alert the powers that be?

C96E143C-042D-4A41-8441-82E29C04D07B.jpeg
1E60B93C-51CE-49BA-B6AA-501124F16733.jpeg
B5C8F7EC-CB1C-4DF1-B062-7E8EB474C467.jpeg

Last edited:
Though I have no confirmation, I am told by a 'normally reliable source' that the Jersey Giant on Front Street East is closing (or not re-opening).

Edit. I got confirmation: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/71-75-Front-St-E-Toronto-ON/16693093/

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo\

FML.....that was my hangout! The back room. Sockful of toonies for the juke box. Meeting den. Wendel!!!! Poor Wendel. Where's he going to work?

Toronto just became less interesting. I'm actually sad about this. The place was a character. I almost got stabbed there once by a guy I told off because he was being rude to his girl. I won my biggest football bet ever during the Argentina-Germany WC match back in 2010. We invented pool hockey there and managed not to break anything on many occasions.
That place was one of my living rooms and those are increasingly dropping off.

I guess I could always go to Duke's Fugging Refresher instead. 🤮

I have way too many memories from that place. Breakfast and dinner in the same day during the thousand dollar weekend in '07.

Well, guess I'm done with this neighbourhood.

...I'm never going to see Wendel again. What's the point? 😭😭😭

I am told they will be doing more lighting adjustments tonight. They seem to start about 9.15. Last time they were adjusting the programing of specific areas/lights individually so tonight may be the same.

Back