News   Jul 24, 2024
 67     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 676     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 538     0 

St Lawrence Market

Nope. Loblaws has an up to $100 amount. Over that, no tapping. At least that's what the store employee told me

The NFC chips in our cards don't seem to be very durable. The one on my main VISA card seems to be tapped out and seldom works now.

The Burger King is now open

New mural was unveiled at the basketball court last Saturday: http://torontoist.com/2014/07/spotted-a-mural-celebrating-peace-teamwork-and-the-esplanade/

Have to say, I prefer the previous artwork to the mural, but it's better than a black wall.

I'm happy to see the court has been resurfaced and the mural repainted. I agree, I also preferred the old geometric mural, which was really slick, but I don't mind this one either. Based on this Toronto Star article, which has a bit more detail than the Torontoist one, it seems like a lot of thought was put into it and it was created with participation of the kids who use the park, so that makes sense. I also like that they incorporated a reference to the old railway history of The Esplanade into it, which many current residents probably aren't aware of.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...nd_paint_help_st_lawrence_community_heal.html

Now, I just hope they've coated it with a graffiti-resistant varnish because some moron will eventually tag it.

The Burger King is now open

One thing that always makes me a bit sad is when I see the busloads of suburban schoolkids set free in the St. Lawrence Market to buy lunch on their field trips. Almost without exception they all ignore the food vendors in the market and stream out the side doors onto Front St and head to the nearby McDonald's. I guess now they'll have a second option.

I'm happy to see the court has been resurfaced and the mural repainted. I agree, I also preferred the old geometric mural, which was really slick, but I don't mind this one either. Based on this Toronto Star article, which has a bit more detail than the Torontoist one, it seems like a lot of thought was put into it and it was created with participation of the kids who use the park, so that makes sense. I also like that they incorporated a reference to the old railway history of The Esplanade into it, which many current residents probably aren't aware of.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...nd_paint_help_st_lawrence_community_heal.html

Now, I just hope they've coated it with a graffiti-resistant varnish because some moron will eventually tag it.

That's a much better article on it, thanks!

One thing that always makes me a bit sad is when I see the busloads of suburban schoolkids set free in the St. Lawrence Market to buy lunch on their field trips. Almost without exception they all ignore the food vendors in the market and stream out the side doors onto Front St and head to the nearby McDonald's. I guess now they'll have a second option.

There's no need to be sad. People mature and expand their horizons. Those kids need to first experience just being on their own in the downtown core. In time, they'll find the good stuff.

Back