St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front St East (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Hi Everyone,

It's official, I received a letter from the developer pushing the Occupancy date from March 2021 to October 2021.

Stay well folks!
What floor are you on? Just curious if they are saying October for all floors or if the dates are different.

I was wondering if there are any pictures around of what the inside of the units would look like, Also does anyone know if the ceilings will be finished or left in concrete.

hi everyone! i'm considering an assignment unit in this building. i know this wasn't marketed as a high end building, and looking at the published features list there are some things that are a little concerning (e.g., stainless steel dishwasher rather than integrated dishwasher, builder grade cabinets, no mention of wall/ceiling finishes). i'd normally think there's a default level of quality to be expected, but browsing other new builds recently it's clear quality is down. for example, i was shocked to see Yonge & Rich still having popcorn ceilings -- what! are we in the 80s!

for those of you who've already chosen finishings, what were your thoughts? were good upgrades offered? what about pricing of the upgrades? thanks!!!!

hi everyone! i'm considering an assignment unit in this building. i know this wasn't marketed as a high end building, and looking at the published features list there are some things that are a little concerning (e.g., stainless steel dishwasher rather than integrated dishwasher, builder grade cabinets, no mention of wall/ceiling finishes). i'd normally think there's a default level of quality to be expected, but browsing other new builds recently it's clear quality is down. for example, i was shocked to see Yonge & Rich still having popcorn ceilings -- what! are we in the 80s!

for those of you who've already chosen finishings, what were your thoughts? were good upgrades offered? what about pricing of the upgrades? thanks!!!!
Hey,

If you were to take the building and put it on a scale of low end to high end, I'd have to say this building is definitely more towards the high-end side. The number of amenities as well as finishes you will be able to get put it on the high-end of buildings in my opinion. For example, granite countertops are standard. I chose an integrated dishwasher and appliances and it was at no extra cost when I went to my meeting. The option is either stainless steel or integrated, so I am not sure where you got your information from but nonetheless. Your ceiling question is a good one, I hope it will be finished/flat or perhaps exposed finished concrete, that tends to be the trend in the east side.

They had I believe 4 or 5 different levels of upgrades depending on what you were looking at, prices depending on what you were looking at upgrading but could be expensive but the upgrades themselves were good quality. Food for thought: despite what others may say or the issue with the L tower (located at Yonge and Esplanade), overall this is a very strong, reputable and high quality builder.

If you haven't seen it already, if you Google Fernbrook Homes and search this condo (https://www.fernbrookhomes.com/condos/158-front-condo) you can find the features and amenities for this building and make an informed decision.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! This is super helpful. The fernbrook “features” pdf was where I got my info. If you compare 158 features to the pier 27 features list on the fernbrook pages, you can see it’s a notable downgrade. However since you actually had your meeting and feel good about the options, that’s a relief! Thank you for sharing the details!!!

the updates on the building are looking great. i do love a good cantilever. have others had their interior design session yet? it seems a little later than other pre-cons (some of which have their session at initial purchase!! >.<)

I am buying a unit on assignment level 10 on the southwest corner. Does anyone know if that unit would be right on the lounge area or one level above it. My understanding that the podium is 9 levels.
Anything I need to pay attention to in APS while reviewing it. I see development charges are capped, not sure if anything else in the agreement is significant and varies from APS to APS.
TIA

1619198859004.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am buying a unit on assignment level 10 on the southwest corner. Does anyone know if that unit would be right on the lounge area or one level above it. My understanding that the podium is 9 levels.
Anything I need to pay attention to in APS while reviewing it. I see development charges are capped, not sure if anything else in the agreement is significant and varies from APS to APS.
TIA

View attachment 314572
Sorry can’t answer about amenities but I’m curious about your APS and have some info.. Not sure how to send a PM though 🤔

TIA

View attachment 314572
Amenities are spread over 10 floors, which is highly unusual. Def has some pros and cons. Not sure where exactly they are placed.

Amenities are spread over 10 floors, which is highly unusual. Def has some pros and cons. Not sure where exactly they are placed.
Thanks, but I am more concern not about those 10 floors amenities, but about my unit on which is 10th floor unit 10xx. I wonder if it will be one level up from that lounge area, see where red arrow points or it will be exactly on the lounge level.

Basically, it all depends if shopping floors on the ground are considered 2 or 3 floors.

1619290095030.png

Thanks, but I am more concern not about those 10 floors amenities, but about my unit on which is 10th floor unit 10xx. I wonder if it will be one level up from that lounge area, see where red arrow points or it will be exactly on the lounge level.

Basically, it all depends if shopping floors on the ground are considered 2 or 3 floors.

if you look at the floorplate, i don't know what that center few units represent if not some sort of amenity space.

are you able to send PMs? i can't seem to but would love to ask a couple of questions as a fellow assignment buyer!
Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 1.54.17 PM.png

if you look at the floorplate, i don't know what that center few units represent if not some sort of amenity space.

are you able to send PMs? i can't seem to but would love to ask a couple of questions as a fellow assignment buyer!
PM Sent, is there a place where I can get floorplates for other floors like 9th and 8th.

Back