St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front St East (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

In most situations, it's not legal to market a unit before the condo has registered (after the occupancy period). Which is why you rarely see pre-construction units for sale on MLS (unless by the builder). Your best bet is to look at comparable units in the area. And honestly, this is what will drive the value of this building.

Assignment sales? Some builders allow them, others will accept it as a condition of original purchase.

Assignment sales? Some builders allow them, others will accept it as a condition of original purchase.
Correct. From my experience with Great Gulf, Concert and Tridel, even if assignment sales are allowed, they restrict you from publicly advertising them.

@evandyk thanks for the pictures. Sorry if it's not allowed to ask on this forum but do you live in that condo near St. Lawrence condos? Also I am interested to know what is it like the life in Downtown Toronto right now during pandemic and overall? Is it safe to hang around during evening /night time? How is it crime wise? Thanks again (I am from suburbs and never experienced downtown life).

Living around St. Lawrence is about as good as it can get for pandemic life. Everything is nice and close - groceries, St. Lawrence Market, pharmacies, hardware store. Lots of good parks in the area to hang around in. The waterfront is perfect for those hot days because it's nice and cool down there. Our apartment has a good balcony with nice views (for now). I can work out there in the afternoon when it has some shade.

I don't really go out in the evening because we have a little baby, but it's quite safe. In normal times (and without a baby) there are tons of nice restaurants and bars within walking distance. I've lived in a few neighbourhoods in downtown Toronto, and St. Lawrence is my favourite.

There are a number of homeless people in the neighbourhood, and a little more than usual this year because of the pandemic, but they mostly don't bother anyone.

Thanks for your input guys. If anyone live in Downtown also and want to share his opinion please do so. There are a lot of people on this forum who doesn't live downtown but have investment properties there and wants to know more information about life there. Also what do you guys think about the trend working from home and therefore many professionals will move North out of the city?

Thanks for your input guys. If anyone live in Downtown also and want to share his opinion please do so. There are a lot of people on this forum who doesn't live downtown but have investment properties there and wants to know more information about life there. Also what do you guys think about the trend working from home and therefore many professionals will move North out of the city?
Sorry, this thread is for the St Lawrence Condos only. If you want to speculate about those things, you should be able to find a thread for it in our General Discussions section.

Hi all, I have a question re: occupancy dates. Based on the progress made to date, do you think occupancy will be postponed once again? I assume COVID delayed construction a bit but are we more or less on track? Last I was told, the occupancy date is March 1st (my unit is on the 14th floor) and I am wondering if this date is likely to stick. If not, when can we expect to receive the new occupancy date? This is my first time buying pre-construction and I am hoping others can provide some insight on this stage of the process. Thanks!

Hi all, I have a question re: occupancy dates. Based on the progress made to date, do you think occupancy will be postponed once again? I assume COVID delayed construction a bit but are we more or less on track? Last I was told, the occupancy date is March 1st (my unit is on the 14th floor) and I am wondering if this date is likely to stick. If not, when can we expect to receive the new occupancy date? This is my first time buying pre-construction and I am hoping others can provide some insight on this stage of the process. Thanks!
If you think anyone will be moving in into this project in March 2021 I think you are in for a huge disappointment. They are currently working on pouring 15th and 16th floors (see https://158frontconstruction.info/2020/10/08/construction-update-october-8-2020/ ). They can normally pour a 'regular floor' every 7-10 days so the building MIGHT 'top out' in January/February 2021. Then they need to do all the interior work.: I will be surprised to see any moves-in before September 2021.

They were at the 9th floor at the mid/end of April, so if they're on 15-16 now that means they're pouring a floor every 3-4 weeks, not 7-10 days? Or can they move faster now?

They were at the 9th floor at the mid/end of April, so if they're on 15-16 now that means they're pouring a floor every 3-4 weeks, not 7-10 days? Or can they move faster now?
Normmally once a building gets to standard floors they move faster as they re-use the forms but obviously if they bring in fewer workers they will move slower than if they have more.

Last edited:
Looking back at the last few photos I posted, it looks like they're moving at about 2-3 weeks per floor since the end of July.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the updates over the years, the building is coming along nicely. I recently went for my appointment to pick my finishes.

With that said, does anyone know when the building is slated for occupancy? I too received March 2021 but I don't see that being realistic anymore, I've "heard" June 2021, can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
We are on the 9th floor and did our finishes meeting last week.
The staff there were great and told me that the occupancy would late 2021 in a best case scenario.

We are living in the burbs and looking forward to living downtown again.

Back