St. Lawrence Condos at 158 Front St East (Cityzen, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Any updates on St Lawrence Condo.
Have they started the construction. If so, can someone upload few pics of recent activities.

They are digging down for (I assume) the parking garage, trust me they are well under way. You are always welcome to come to the neighbourhood for wander around - great restaurants around here!

Yes for the 13th floor is also March 2021.
Anyone has update on construction. A recent pic of construction would be great.
I can understand why a new owner like you might want a photo but the current construction is "only' a large hole that is getting filled up with concrete and rebar (and, today, snow). You really should not need a photo to visualise that - or you could look at any other UT thread and find something VERY similar.

When this building gets above grade, I am sure we will all see (and maybe even post) photos of it growing as it really only gets 'interesting' then. As @Rufus8 said, best thing is to come and look but it REALLY is not terribly interesting at the current phase!

Hello AzizSF:
Each week the builder puts up a progress report and "OK" photos of the progress.
I personally and am really enjoying the process of the building of the foundation and reinforcement process.
This is the website: https://158frontconstruction.info/
It would be great to hear from people on the lower and higher levels above 15 to hear what the occupancy dates are expected to be. It is my understanding these are "expected" dates so there is definitely flex in them. I am a custom manufacturer and understand how delays can happen, particularly in the construction trade that has so many variables.

I am really looking forward to moving out of the burbs, so many people like the suburbs but I find them far to quiet.

So another building is being proposed where the Esso gas station is located by Menkes, very much preliminary but has close to the same number of units at 439 units but its also a little taller at 37 stories. Many years out for sure.

Hello Everyone @ 158 Front Street.
I was wondering if you have seen the interior finishes and if you did, what are your thoughts? Are they nice? Good quality?
I am looking to buy an assignment but I was wondering what the interior might eventually look like.
Trying to find some pictures or rendering of the model suite to have an idea but fail.
If you have a link or know where I can go to see what it looks like, please share.
thanks in advance for your insight!

Kind regards.

There was a sample board of finishes in the presentation center but that was at least 3 years ago.
It was Ok, nothing extraordinary but a nice mix of colours.
Hoping that once they start talking about individual units they will have a better selection to upgrade the units to.
You do have the option of calling Fernbrooks head office and inquiring, perhaps they saved the boards? 416-667-0447

I was wondering if you have seen the interior finishes and if you did, what are your thoughts? Are they nice? Good quality?
I am looking to buy an assignment but I was wondering what the interior might eventually look like.
Trying to find some pictures or rendering of the model suite to have an idea but fail.
If you have a link or know where I can go to see what it looks like, please share.

Kind regards.
There was a sample board of finishes in the presentation center but that was at least 3 years ago.
It was Ok, nothing extraordinary but a nice mix of colours.
Hoping that once they start talking about individual units they will have a better selection to upgrade the units to.
You do have the option of calling Fernbrooks head office and inquiring, perhaps they saved the boards? 416-667-0447
Photos of the model suite I shot about 3 years ago, if it helps: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2016/11/inside-st-lawrence-condos-two-bedroom-model-suite

Kind regards.
The problem is really that there are currently NO interior finishes to see because the building is only at grade +1. Any boards or specs will, maybe, show you the 'quality" of the materials but not how well it is executed. Somewhat like the way a rendering is an 'artists impression' and often not reflected in the finished product. The best way to judge finishes at this stage is to look at existing work by same developer - though that is certainly not a perfect guide! I also suggest that you should concentrate on the quality of the design and the builder (<again looking at their other projects) and, of course, the location and who the building is aimed at. (154 Front appears to be aimed at new owners and/or landlords). Fernbrook were/are involved in L-Tower and we all know that this is still having teething troubles after several years and, last I heard, some of their common elements are still not open.

Has anybody seen resales of the St Lawrence condo's being listed? I occasionally check on realtor.ca but haven't seen anything.
Definitely not considering selling since this will be our primary residence but am very curious about current values since I believe the building sold out in 2016 or perhaps early 2017.

Has anybody seen resales of the St Lawrence condo's being listed? I occasionally check on realtor.ca but haven't seen anything.
Definitely not considering selling since this will be our primary residence but am very curious about current values since I believe the building sold out in 2016 or perhaps early 2017.
In most situations, it's not legal to market a unit before the condo has registered (after the occupancy period). Which is why you rarely see pre-construction units for sale on MLS (unless by the builder). Your best bet is to look at comparable units in the area. And honestly, this is what will drive the value of this building.

Back