Square One Shopping Centre

Closing closing or relocating? They just renovated it what seems like not too long ago.

The store always seemed relatively busy so I imagine they wanna stay in the mall. There's a few blocks of big space about to open up (Sephora, West 49/Footlocker temp store) that could easily accommodate Tommy.

*puts on speculation hat* What are the chances that Sport Chek moves to the lower level of the old Sears location freeing up their old site for redevelopment mention in the Globe article?

*puts on speculation hat* What are the chances that Sport Chek moves to the lower level of the old Sears location freeing up their old site for redevelopment mention in the Globe article?

Or, in the unlikely chance Target decides to bail on Canada, that space could also be remodeled into a major Sport Chek flagship.

Closing closing or relocating? They just renovated it what seems like not too long ago.

It could because of the mall extension south of it where a new walkway will be that includes the current Moxie along with Holts addition. There is also another retail at the east entrance in the current walkway that has closed some months ago as well.

I expect to see a number of south side retail get relocated once the first expansion is completed, as there will be retail back to back for the new expansion where there is none now, other than the rear of the mall.

Good move for both HBC and the mall - it was never a good fit anyway (although it was a convenient cut-through at times). Was that space going be incorporated into the expansion anyway?

Outfitters isn't on the map for expansion

Justics & Brothers has open as well LuluLemon
July 21
14733356572_bfd0912b60_b.jpg

14733356162_5634e0dbf6_b.jpg

I was talking to someone from Oxford, earlier today. They said construction is really behind schedule. A few stores are slated to open in early September, but most won't be opening until October. They also said Forever 21 will be opening in November, at the earliest.

Aug 27
Sephora was having a VIP event and a preview of their new location schedule to open on Thursday

The Bear place has open

The expansion is running 2-3 weeks behind schedule to the point many places that were to open next week have delay their opening to late Sept or early Oct now.

Shoppers will be opening on Sept 18 with grand opening on the 20th. The post office was schedule for the 6th and may open at the same time as Shoppers or the following week. This depends on the new corridor from Shoppers to the old corridor.

Would be surprise to see the new entrance open before the middle of Sept.

Once all the relocation take place for the first expansion, the next wave for temporarily relocation of the stores on the south side will take place so the new south corridor in the south expansion can be built.

Old Navy is 2 floors.

Once the new entrance open, it will be interesting to see what Target looks like for people. Shelves are still haft empty or no stock on them. Still the same way when first open.

I see "Empire Theatres" is still listed on the layout drawing. Haven't they been re-branded to Cineplex yet? I thought they might actually close the mall location to open up more retail space and focus on the one across the street on Rathburn.

The first wave of stores in the new north section will take place on Sept 15 when they open their doors for the first time. How many is unknown at this time.

When you come in the new north entrance, there are escalators to take you to the lower level.

The store beside Showcase is close and no sign for relocation.

Updated leasing plan shows Simons retaining only 2908 sq ft on the bottom level, 55,023 sq ft on the main level, and an additional 53,745 sq ft on the third floor addition. This totals 111,676 sq ft (slightly below the stated square footage of 113,000 that was announced in December).

The balance of the Sears space has been subdivided into a couple new units, 812 which has 2670 sq ft, and the balance of unit 814 has 5747 sq ft on the main level, 69,128 sq ft on the bottom floor, and 165 sq ft on the new third floor.

This bottom floor retailer is confounding me (assuming it is indeed one retailer). Who uses space in the 75,040 sq ft range? Particularly where most of that space is on the boring bottom floor.

Last edited:

Back