News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 561     0 

Spadina Subway Extension

Since this extension in particular was fully funded months ago, has construction started? If not, what are they waiting for? Things have been eerily quiet.

Someone can correct me but...

They were waiting on federal funding after which there has to be a federal EA. That funding was only announced in March. I don't think the EA is supposed to be very long - basically a rubber stamp at this point.
Presumably they will be able to start work late this year.

Since this extension in particular was fully funded months ago, has construction started? If not, what are they waiting for? Things have been eerily quiet.

Doing the Federal EA study now.

TTC has being doing some in house work, but there are some concerns by the Commissioners that they want to see some changes with more development around the stations as well operating cost that York has to pickup.

Many reports are to come this year as while next year before any real construction design works starts. We are still years off before construction starts.

Does TTC/GO/YRT/Greyhound still require that huge terminal at Steeles now since it is going to VCC now? It a waste of money if so.

Need to buy up some land and that will take some time.

Not on the top of my list that TTC needs to do first and more so if this new money shows up in 2008 for the 2020 plan.

Back