Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

from sat
20110423117.jpg

20110423129.jpg

Seems to me that the 2nd phase 30 Storey Bremnar Tower is going ahead.:)

Avison Young to relocate global headquarters to PwC Tower at Southcore Financial Centre in Toronto as part of company strategy to reduce carbon footprint

TORONTO, May 16 /PRNewswire/ - Mark E. Rose, Chair and CEO of Avison Young, Canada's largest independently-owned commercial real estate services company, announced today that the company will be relocating its global corporate headquarters to PwC Tower (18 York Street) at Southcore Financial Centre (SFC), British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC)'s new development that is being built to target Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold certification. SFC is located in Toronto's emerging southcore financial district.

Avison Young's move to this mixed-use sustainable development reinforces the commercial real estate brokerage firm's commitment to sustainability and social responsibility. The lease transaction closed on May 6, 2011.

Avison Young's 60 head office employees plan to relocate in the second quarter of 2012 from 150 York Street, where the firm has been based for the past 12 years.

Developed by GWL Realty Advisors Inc. on behalf of bcIMC, the new tower is currently under construction and will comprise 650,000 square feet (sf) over 26 floors when complete in fall 2011. Comprising highly efficient office premises, the building is designed with leading-edge technologies and sustainable features, while targeting rigorous LEED® Gold standards.

"Avison Young continues to embrace sustainability as a strategic option, and in accordance with advice we routinely give our clients," comments Rose. "Avison Young is setting the example for its peer group by embracing the need to reduce our carbon footprint and drive standards for sustainability throughout the industry. As we continue to execute on our growth plans for global expansion, this facility will act as a benchmark for new office standards within the organization."

PwC Tower is phase one of the SFC complex at the northwest corner of York and Bremner Streets in downtown Toronto. The next phase of SFC's development includes a second office building - the 30-storey, 700,000-sf Bremner Tower, and the 45-storey Delta Toronto - a next-generation, premium four-star hotel.

SFC's 1.4 million sf of office space is designed by award-winning KPMB Architects. The Delta Toronto is designed by Page + Steele / IBI Architects. All three buildings will be connected by more than 14,000 sf of urban forest areas and pedestrian walkways.

More.....http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...egy-to-reduce-carbon-footprint-121884893.html

hmm, not sure what about that tells you its going ahead, it simply mentions it as the next phase.

Yeah, which is under construction and rumoured to be capped at ground level :confused: am i right, marcus and taal.

:D

I was just saying it doesn't really tell us anything, positive or negative.

Hahaha...well its more positive than negative if they are talking about the next phase and also Avison Young setting up its global headquarters at the PwC Tower.:D

hehe that's PwC the one already construction, but you already knew that ;)

I find it a little odd - there was so little space left in this building, it must be essentially 100% rented now.
I guess you can argue that's a good sign though : )

What that skywalk helps to do is to block the view of the ugly railroad behind it when you approach from the South. Kudos to city planning and building design.

While most new condos and office towers seem to have a redundant, sterile, institutional look, I feel they have strong street presences and contribute a lot to their respective communities. PWC is no exception. And this to me is the most important part of urban planning and design. Skylines are defined by iconic landmarks (for Toronto: the CN Tower, the Skydome, eventually the L-Tower) and density. Think NYC, Chicago and Hong Kong. Would I like every building to be the Taj Mahal? Absolutely. But that's not realistic. So, I'm very happy with this tower.

From this weekend
And yes, I caught the streetcar in the corner of the shot on purpose.. :p

If you look, you can also see the crane for Ice in the foreground.

508r.jpg

Photo by me.

Back