Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

That has got to be some kind of record. Didn't they just break ground in December? How were they able to get to this point at twice to three times the speed of the average project?

Still, I'm amazed at that speed! It's quite exciting, what's happening in that corner of our town.

Maybe there's a good supply of construction workers out there, either by trade or just people looking for work, allowing for more man-hours. Let's see how fast they are able to get to ground level and beyond.

Kind of disappointing they're gonna have so little parking in an area where it's so needed... especially with the ACC right across the street. The dig is so shallow I doubt they'll have any public parking at all in this building...

I can't think of another location in the GTA that is better served by public transit. I think the reason for the lack of parking is because the building is next to Union Station.

It's not like they are removing any public parking since there wasn't any there before (at least for the last several years anyways, I can't remember if/when there was 5 or more years ago). I thought the idea was to make the area more pedestrian friendly and try to reduce the number of vehicles in the area

I haven't seen figures for Canada, but in the USA car use is in significant decline and, in my opinion, is more likely to decline yet further than to increase.

I wonder what use you could put an underground garage to, if the need for temporary automobile storage were to dry up significantly. I suppose storage of durable goods.

3507724159_3645c0f721_b.jpg

wow this is great that this is going so fast!!does anyone know if this will be the only crane on site? or will there be another one. nice shots mike

I would think only one crane. However, it's weird that it's all the way at the end of the site.
i was thinking that they would have one crane on both sides of the site. The site is big enough for two of them imo. its long and skinny so its not 'that' small. There are so many cranes on this corner. 2 for mls, one for telus, and one or two for this one. and two more for ice eventually. this is the most exciting construction block in toronto!!

I haven't seen figures for Canada, but in the USA car use is in significant decline and, in my opinion, is more likely to decline yet further than to increase.

I wonder what use you could put an underground garage to, if the need for temporary automobile storage were to dry up significantly. I suppose storage of durable goods.
PATH space! This would be a great benefit to pedestrians, especially during winter.

Back