News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 413     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Sonder Hotel (was Templar, 348 Adelaide W, Rhed, 8s, Del Terrelonge) COMPLETE

Please feel free to tell us the company that was useless, I think its worth knowing who is great at building and who is incompetant.

The front window now contains a message that the hotel is going to be open this fall. And this is backed by the fact that there were a bunch of guys standing out front, looking in, and talking like they might actually be planning to do some work today.

Couldn't help but notice next door is the, ah, Invitation house. You know the one. Where you get those beautiful invitations people talk about. That one.

Toiletries have already been selected!

"Word on the street (and in the office here @ Templar) is that the The Templar Hotel will be the first hotel in Toronto to feature Red Flower‘s superior line of products.
Launched over a decade ago at Barneys NYC, Red Flower has grown their line to tease the senses with organic aromatherapy fragrances, skin care, body treatments and candles. For a profile on the creator as well as the unique practices of the company check out Vanity Fair’s blog post here."

25 August 2010: Interestingly enough, I find the old corner building more "Knights Templar style" than the real deal. It was raining so hard at this time that I simply didn't want to get even wetter so I missed what looks like a rather chic entrance to the hotel nearing completion, even though some panels above are still missing. Compared to some 8 year old Toronto buildings, this building still looks good. (Tridel's Icon comes to mind as a rather dated 8 year old building.)

dsc02663h.jpg

25 August 2010: Interestingly enough, I find the old corner building more "Knights Templar style" than the real deal. It was raining so hard at this time that I simply didn't want to get even wetter so I missed what looks like a rather chic entrance to the hotel nearing completion, even though some panels above are still missing. Compared to some 8 year old Toronto buildings, this building still looks good. (Tridel's Icon comes to mind as a rather dated 8 year old building.)

dsc02663h.jpg

Too bad about the unfortunate stucco box that's the New York Fur store (and also unfortunate that's selling fur).
As for the Templar Hotel, I like the monolithic gray colour palatte, it has a timeless modernist look and that photo in the rain looks like it belongs in London.

Here's another sign of progress (slowly but surely):

^Yah. Maybe if Adelaide turns into a two-way street, someone will buy the furs place, tear off the box and turn it into a small street-side patio?

Sounds like they are pushing for an October opening (this year).
Tile is being delivered to the site. Literally tons of white Carrera marble are being used in the guest room baths, lobby, spa and lounge areas of the hotel.

templar-marble.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like they are pushing for an October opening (this year).
Tile is being delivered to the site. Literally tons of white Carrera marble are being used in the guest room baths, lobby, spa and lounge areas of the hotel.

templar-marble.jpg

Let's hope it's not just recycled marble from FCP.

Marble

Tons of white Carerra marble sounds great to me, whether it comes from the earth or the bank. If it does come from another building, surely it could be cleaned and refinished. Reduce, reuse and recycle!

watchthisspot3039.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ That would be an interesting idea to used reclaimed marble from FCP, a little bit of Toronto history. However, it would be expensive to plane, clean and polish the old marble, as it is warped, faded and stained from over 30 years of weather and city pollution.

I am hoping that they will be offering the old marble to the public. I would like to make coffee table or something out of it:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...s-Shannon-Archs-B-H-Archs-Doyle-Prtns)/page80

According to Templar Developments, the hotel will have its grand opening this fall with a party for the purchasers of the Langston Hall Residences to show how the finishes and workmanship will look for the condo. I can't wait!

Back