News   Apr 26, 2024
 332     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 188     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 645     0 

Sonder Hotel (was Templar, 348 Adelaide W, Rhed, 8s, Del Terrelonge) COMPLETE

Rhed may go down as the worst developer in Toronto's history.

I hear the dude is squatting in another of his unfinished sites.

With Graywood owning the Fur place, only a matter of time before the secret hotel is surrounded by condos.

Rhed is not a developer, they are a "secret" design firm without an architectural license or a physical address. Their work consists of primarily small conceptual design projects. They shouldn't have been doing buildings in the first place.
Rhed is still has another property on Wellington west of Bathurst which is a renovation of a small 2-storey warehouse building which has been in construction for the past 5 years. I live in the area so I still see trades coming in and out of the building, but very little progress on the building over the years -- looks like it's being used as a storage facility, so yes you could say they are squatting on that property.

The properties surrounding the Templar on all three sides are prime real estate for development. Ironically northeast corner of the block behind it which includes Rhed's failed Langston Hall 2 development site is being developed into a 36-storey aA-designed condo by Fortress/Carlyle/Berkeley. This block will eventually catch up with the rest of the ED neighbourhood packed with highrise condos.

Last edited:
A new coat of paint and a sign.

Pics taken June 19, 2015

m7itD40.jpg

jcR2S7U.jpg

...also the long standing damaged stucco trim was covered with new aluminum flashing and the windows had its very first cleaning which made a world of difference.
Not really keen on the teal colour of their new branding, but all of the changes and improvements by the new owners are well welcomed and long overdue.

The horizontal slot on the 6th floor would've been the perfect spot for a cool back-lit sign.

Apologies for reviving such an old thread, but remember the building on Peel Avenue that sat as a rusty steel frame for five years and was at some point intended as an extended stay villa associated with the Templar? I walked by the site today and was surprised to see that glazing has been installed, it's been sealed off, and actually looks like a real building:
IMG_20160904_183513.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160904_183513.jpg
    IMG_20160904_183513.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 1,064

Back