Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

May 26 2010 update

As for Solaris ... :D

Solaris 1 @ 38th floor, Solaris 2 @ 35th floor
Click to Enlarge

Solaris contrasted with the previously tall-looking Delta Hotel
IMG_5160.jpg

Last edited:
May 29 2010 update

Solaris 1 @ 39th floor, Solaris 2 @ 35th floor
Click to Enlarge

Rec Centre/Pool now visible

Strike Update

We are pleased to announce that the unionized trade contracts have been renewed without a work stoppage.

While we were not impacted by a work stoppage, we will be conducting our next benchmark review of all of our schedules once we complete the pouring of concrete on the top levels of the tower. This review will take place in the early summer, at which time we will be informing you of our progress compared to the Construction Schedule. If necessary you will receive a revised Occupancy Date at that time.

You can stay up-to-date online, where live construction photos are updated every ½ hour and are posted at www.ucitonline.com/solaris . We also are continuing to post a variety of construction photos to the www.mytridelhome.com website. Don’t have your login and password? You can visit your on-site Sales or Customer Care office to obtain your user name and password. Once you have registered, only you will be able to gain information to your personal documents while sharing access to a number of useful and informative programs.

Should you have any questions or concerns about your new home please do not hesitate to contact your on-site Sales Team at 416.293.5535 or via email at metrogate@tridel.com.

I suspect that the occupancy date will be also get revised shortly...I hope it's sooner!!

Hey Solaris, I hope you don't mind that I've created a user name that's similar to yours. I bought a unit in Solaris2 so I felt it was a suitable user name.

welcome to UT Solaris2 ! glad to have you aboard ~

I'm happy that the potential strike resolved itself and hopefully Solaris stays on course such that occupancy may begin sometime in November/December 2010

June 6 2010 update

Solaris 1 @ 40th (final) floor, Solaris 2 @ 37th floor ~ :D
Click to Enlarge

OT ... but beautiful sky this afternoon ~ :cool:
IMG_5190.jpg

Solaris at Metrogate towers rising to the east of the Toronto Delta East Hotel at Hwy 401 and Kennedy.

delta-solaris-1200.jpg

Solaris at Metrogate towers with Hwy 401 in the foreground.

solaris-401-1200.jpg

July 3 2010 update

Solaris 1 begins Rooftop Architectural Feature, Solaris 2 @ 39th floor
IMG_4885.jpg

A quick reminder of what it should look like when completed ~
Solaris05.jpg

360 view around the complex
Click to Enlarge

Not to forget the CNR/GO Tracks
IMG_4893.jpg

Podium precast now completed

Black accent bricks for the recreation centre - not so sure about this colour choice
IMG_4896.jpg

Last edited:
The Solaris towers look rather lonely right now along the 401...Ventus will give them some company.

What's in that huge podium? Amenity rooms with really tall ceilings? Above ground parking? Units with no balconies?

The 4 storey podium is mostly above grade parking (with vision glass) ... there are only a handful of residential units in the first 4 floors which are limited within the elliptical tower footprint ... half of the first 2 podium floors contain the 2 storey lobby, party room, billards room, mini-theatre; the remaining amenities are located on the 5th floor, including the rooftop terrace, and a structure containing the indoor pool and excercise room seen below

Click to Enlarge

July 15 2010 update

Solaris 1 continues roof level, Solaris 2 on 40th (final) floor - sure seems slower progress here
Click to Enlarge

Close Ups of the rooftop mechanical & architectural feature
IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

July 22 2010 update

Solaris 1+2 - one of these days this will be fully completed
Click to Enlarge

Rooftop mechanical & architectural feature coming along ~
IMG_4936.jpg

August 8 2010 update

Solaris 1+2 - rooftop architectural feature progressing slowly
Click to Enlarge

Balcony Railing Installation Begins
IMG_4944.jpg

Painted balcony undersides and capped balcony edges - no exposed concrete slabs :)

Some Close-Ups

I am not impressed by how they tower over the Delta East hotel, and the giant wall the two buildings create when viewed from the east and west. A sliver of light squeaks through on some angles, otherwise combined they are immensely slabbish, compounded by their height.

Back