News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

SmartTrack (Proposed)

Lets hope GO-RER is done by then, or else these are going to be some really undesirable stations.

"The next train will arrive on platform 2 in 2028...wait time until the next train is 2 years"

One would hope the 2 agencies are talking to each other to ensure that the stations will be used once opened.

Attachments

• 1611163558065.png
    1611163558065.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Thats interesting because I could have sworn that the 2018 Toronto transit expansion map showed Bloor/Lansdowne station as a Metrolinx station (green)
View attachment 295232

Yeah, in the 2016 agreement the Smartrack Stations were to be Toronto's responsibility to design and pay for, with Metrolinx handling the tender process.

The 2 GO stations are for Metrolinx to design/tender, and Toronto to pay for via $20M/year in GO capital fees.

Last edited:
as much as this program has been a bit of a joke since the beginning, its hard to argue that these stations won't bring big benefits to their local areas. I am looking forward to seeing this happen, and greatly improve the business case for fare integration in the process.

as much as this program has been a bit of a joke since the beginning, its hard to argue that these stations won't bring big benefits to their local areas. I am looking forward to seeing this happen, and greatly improve the business case for fare integration in the process.
exactly! I can't wait for the Bloor-Lansdowne station (with all-day two-way service) to cut my commute in half

The Bloor-Lansdowne Station is almost useless - poor connections to Bloor Street, and awful access to the subway, especially without a multi-use path overpass to the north side. Cutting the south side tunnel and stairs makes access to MoCA and the bike parking areas really bad. Imagine you get off a northbound train and you're at the south side of the platform.

It's been value engineered to death. And we're paying for it and calling it SmartTrack?

t
Fullscreen capture 2021-01-20 24343 PM.jpg

Interesting how some station structures, tunnels, etc have been "deferred". These stations will be quite bare bones.

Perhaps that will be a contrast to the more customary Metrolinx design largesse.

- Paul

Interesting how some station structures, tunnels, etc have been "deferred". These stations will be quite bare bones.

Perhaps that will be a contrast to the more customary Metrolinx design largesse.

- Paul

But no reduction in budget.

These stations are strikingly expensive for what they propose to deliver.

At this price point, I expect granite platforms, elaborate canopies, and finishes second to none.

Back