News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 701     0 

Sightings ...

These have all been in the last couple of years, but because I'm new here (Hi, nice to meet you) I'll post them as if they happened yesterday.

Maury Chakin early one morning on Harbord, looking dishevelled and confused.

Lorraine Segato stumbling out of the UofT Athletic Centre Starbucks.

Ben Mulroney and Jon Dore at Bar Italia.

Jackie Burroughs on the corner of King and University talking to some woman.

Chantal Hebert walking along King St.

Rufus Wainwright walking along King St.

The tall bald one from Air Farce. I see him all the time at the Loblaws on Dupont and Christie. I also see him with his wife at various garden centres. He's very handome in real life.

Rick Mercer walking on the Danforth.

A boatload (literally) full of Canadian idiol contestants on a harbour cruise. They waved. I waved back despite having no idea who any of them were.

Eric Peterson with his family checking out one of the little Korean restaurants around Bloor and Palmerston.

Steven and Chris (the old designer guys) at various times and various places. Always looking very serious and not quite human.

The new Designer Guys at Byzantium. All looking very human indeed.

Ken Kostick at Byzantium.

June Calwell (RIP) at the Harbord Bakery

Howard Green at the Hart House gym (I also saw him shopping at Brooks Brothers in NYC)

My partner has seen Peter Falico at the gym several times.

Should I be upset about the fact that I know less than half the people on that list? Who the heck is Lorraine Segato?

Maury Chakin - Actor. Has been in a bunch of movies including Dances with Wolves.

Lorraine Segato - Singer. With 80s band Parachute Club

Ben Mulroney - TV personality and son of former PM

Jon Dore - TV personality and comedian

Jackie Burroughs - Actress. Famous for playing Aunt Hettie on Road to Avonlea

Chantal Hebert - Journalist. Writes for Globe and Mail and political commentator on CBC

Rufus Wainwright - singer/songwriter

The tall bald one from Air Farce - The tall bald one from Air Farce

Rick Mercer - Comedian, political commentator.

A boatload (literally) full of Canadian idiol contestants - Future nobodies

Eric Peterson - Actor. Famous for being on Street Legal and Corner Gas

Steven and Chris (the old designer guys) - Former Designer Guys. Currently lifestyle TV hosts on CBC and entrepreneurs.

The new Designer Guys - Current Designer Guys

Ken Kostick - TV chef

June Calwell - Heroine. Canadian icon.

Howard Green - TV host of business news show

Peter Falico - Designer with his own HGTV show

Burton Cummings walking along Wellesley Street East at 9 AM Sunday morning. He was wearing a Beatles T Shirt. And looked healthy, happy and much younger than his age.

Hmmm, I saw Burton performing at FCP the day after Barack Obama was elected president. Strangely complimentary, that

The morning after Nuit Blanche, Jaydee Bixbey from Canadian Idol asked me for quick directions just outside the Isabel Bader Theatre @ Charles Street and Queen's Park. Country Music Television (CMT) was filming a Christmas program there.

"She (Chantal Hebert) actually works for The Star, not The Globe."

Quite right. Apologies.

And of course I meant June Callwood, not Callwell.

I saw Trevor Boris at Il Fornello on Church St. on Saturday. Much younger-looking in real life.

My Sunday: Rick Mercer, Sam Roberts (and his bandmates), Paul Martin, Don Newman and Bob Mckeown

Back