News   Jul 17, 2024
 574     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 506     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

How about "Don River Line"? The acronym is the same.
The problem is, calling it the Don River Line is a bit incorrect. Similarly to calling the Yonge-University-Spadina Line as the Yonge Line is incorrect. Calling it the Don River-Queen Line might be more representative. However, even that has it's flaws, but it's not like YUS has it's problems. It should be called the Yonge-Front-University-Bloor-Spadina-Allen-Jane Line :D
Don Mills-Pape-Carlaw-Eastern-Queen-Dundas/Dufferin Line

The problem is, calling it the Don River Line is a bit incorrect. Similarly to calling the Yonge-University-Spadina Line as the Yonge Line is incorrect. Calling it the Don River-Queen Line might be more representative. However, even that has it's flaws, but it's not like YUS has it's problems. It should be called the Yonge-Front-University-Bloor-Spadina-Allen-Jane Line :D
Don Mills-Pape-Carlaw-Eastern-Queen-Dundas/Dufferin Line

For simplicity sake, maybe we ought to embrace the crazy and just call it the Downtown Relief Line. I don't think the public will be duped into thinking it routes anywhere but through the downtown core regardless.

Defeats the purpose of the Relief Line relieving Yonge Street north of Eglinton. I'd be fine with that line as a branch of the Don Mills alignment Relief Line.
Also defeats the purpose of the B-D extension.

Yes, it defers the need for the DRL, but it does divert people away from Yonge line (i.e. those in Scarborough on Sheppard or Finch) and definately takes people away from the Y-B interchange. Essentially, this serves the purpose of the DRL.
The DRL would still be needed, but instead of being built 30 years after its needed, it could be built when its needed.

personally i like subways running more or less along one street which makes a grid like system. Random lines going diagonally just funnels people into one direction, the downtown. Admittedly that is where many people want to go but it would be nice to use the same system to go in different directions.

SRT is line 3

Finch LRT shouldn't have a line number just like St Clair and Spadina do not.

Back