Was 9/11 an inside job?

• Yes

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 90 66.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Within minutes US officials had confiscated every piece of equipment recording in and around the pentagon. It's been well documented. I guess we weren't meant to see a large plane pull off an impossible maneuver (by some guy who could barely land a bi-plane just months earlier) and slam it into the Pentagon without as much as a piece of wreckage even resembling an airplane resulting in the first ever instance of a metal plane vapourizing... I guess the giant engines vapourized before they had a chance to leave any marks on the wall.

Yeah, George Bush and his conspirators couldn't possibly afford to use a real airplane to crash into the pentagon, so they had to get missiles to do it, and just pretend it was a plane.

The twin towers, they went all out and used real planes for.

Hey, they had to work on a budget, right?

Yeah, George Bush and his conspirators couldn't possibly afford to use a real airplane to crash into the pentagon, so they had to get missiles to do it, and just pretend it was a plane.

of course. they're conservatives! it was the fiscally responsible thing to do!

I think the point is more that it's pretty hard to hit the side of a building that's 5 storeys tall when you're flying at several hundred miles per hour in a giant jet. Especially hard for a hijacker who is not particularly proficient at flying.

Within minutes US officials had confiscated every piece of equipment recording in and around the pentagon. It's been well documented. I guess we weren't meant to see a large plane pull off an impossible maneuver (by some guy who could barely land a bi-plane just months earlier) and slam it into the Pentagon without as much as a piece of wreckage even resembling an airplane resulting in the first ever instance of a metal plane vapourizing... I guess the giant engines vapourized before they had a chance to leave any marks on the wall.

Yup. A lot of the official story doesn't sound scientifically plausible. The fact that they refuse to release video evidence that everyone knows is in their possession and could not possibly be a security threat at this point only compounds the suspicion. Are there even witnesses who saw the jet hit the building?

is it known for sure that those tapes contained anything useful?

look at the coverage a typical camera at a gas station has:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4e8_1259962881

also, do you remember the air france crash in toronto?

Air_France_Flight_358_cropped.jpg

look at how much of the plane disintegrated with the fuel left over from a trans-atlantic flight from paris to toronto. is it hard to imagine most of a plane melting away?

and if some guy could barely fly a bi-plane just months earlier, does that mean at the moment of impact, that person had the same skill level from months before? is it possible for people to learn as time passes by? even without physical practice?

I think the point is more that it's pretty hard to hit the side of a building that's 5 storeys tall when you're flying at several hundred miles per hour in a giant jet. Especially hard for a hijacker who is not particularly proficient at flying.

they managed to fly 2 planes into two towers which had a very narrow horizontal target. i'm not a pilot but it doesn't seem impossible.

Does anyone else find it weird that there's no surveillance footage of the Air France crash, and none of the witnesses has testified publicly that the plane even had a roof when it departed from Paris??

Does anyone else find it weird that there's no surveillance footage of the Air France crash, and none of the witnesses has testified publicly that the plane even had a roof when it departed from Paris??

I wasn't aware of any reports of surveillance footage of the crash being confiscated and classified by the government.

if the video depicted a method of destroying military property, it probably would.

Right. As if anyone is still unaware that a plane hit the Pentagon. Gimme a break...

just a thought, can it be an issue of pride? this is after all the DoD headquarters of the most powerful nation on earth. if good quality video of the attack exists, maybe they don't want others to use it in anti-american terrorist propaganda videos? maybe there's legal issues since the confiscated videos are not owned by the DoD? can any crime actually be solved by releasing the videos? and by returning the videos, the owners of them could profit from them financially and maybe the DoD is against this?

The American Government is notoriously secretive about facilities like the Pentagon. There's no way it makes sense from a national security standpoint to release footage of a somewhat successful attack on a military building.

That said, you actually made me look this up and tapes have been released:

On May 16, 2006, the Department of Defense released filmed footage that was recorded by a security camera of American Airlines Flight 77 crashing into the Pentagon, with a plane visible in one frame, as a "thin white blur" and an explosion following.[95] The images were made public in response to a December 2004 Freedom of Information Act request by Judicial Watch.[96] Some still images from the video had previously been released and publicly circulated, but this was the first official release of the full video of the crash.[97] A nearby Citgo gas station also had security cameras, but this video released on September 15, 2006 did not show the crash because it was pointed away.[98][99] The Doubletree hotel, located nearby in Crystal City, Virginia, also had a security camera video, and on December 4, 2006 the FBI released the video in response to a freedom of information lawsuit filed by Scott Bingham. The footage is "grainy and the focus is soft, but a rapidly growing tower of smoke is visible in the distance on the upper edge of the frame as the plane crashes into the building".[100]

There were also several eye-witnesses.

^Interesting read. Here is the biggest conspiracy claim I found there:

Originally Posted by Try2B Comprehensive View Post
What are the most plausible 9/11 conspiracy theories you've heard of?

That a bunch of radical Muslims upset at America's foreign policy entered the country, got the training necessary to fly planes, bought legal tickets on commercial aircraft, took control of them with concealable weapons and slammed said aircraft into various buildings.

The did this in secret and the worked together. It was a conspiracy!!!
Shocking! :eek:

wonderboy416 seems to be unaware...

More like unconvinced. Planes just don't smash through 5 reinforced concrete rings (each about 10 feet thick), completely vapourizing in the process (ie. little to no wreckage) while fitting neatly into a 16 foot wide hole with no sign of the engines having any impact anywhere (which would have been by far and away the greatest cause of damage). That and the improbability of the flight path the plane took, the confiscation of tapes, silencing of witnesses etc. Colour me suspicious...

After the attacks wasn't there a statement released by the CN Tower's principal engineer that a plane slamming directly into it at full speed would be akin to throwing a chunk of butter into a knife. I guess the truth is that it would have flown right through the CN Tower, possibly leaving a nice little hole in the middle!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back