News   Jul 12, 2024
 890     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 801     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 332     0 

Scott Pilgrim film takes on Toronto!

get down to Bloor cinema, March 22nd a SPACED marathon is taking place, its some of Edgar Wright's earlier work and is v funny.

eye weekly/edgar wright youtube interview extravaganza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axrx-QzEPgA

he talks about his own films, the wright stuff at the bloor, canadian influences, and of course, scott pilgrim.

also, looks like metric, broken social scene and sloan are involved in the movie!

Last edited:
As a North Bay guy I'm really looking forward to this. The author used to live in North Bay and he wrote that the "Kim Pine" character in the comic attended Nipissing University. She's actually the second comic book character to attend the university (the first being Elizabeth in For Better or For Worse).

They're taking over the Parliament and Carlton area to do some "preliminary filming" for this movie today.

They're taking over the Parliament and Carlton area to do some "preliminary filming" for this movie today.

dilla, i'm a fellow cabbagetowner, do you know if today is the only day they are filming around parliament?

i'm not going to be around.

dilla, i'm a fellow cabbagetowner, do you know if today is the only day they are filming around parliament?

i'm not going to be around.

This is what i know:

From http://cabbagetownnews.blogspot.com
Cabbagetown is home to several scenes in the new film “Scott Pilgrim versus The World” being produced by Universal Studios. The corner of Carlton and Parliament is being used on Monday, March 23 to depict a winter scene and a bus passing through the intersection. Parking will be restricted in some areas and the crews will be “dressing” the street with fake snow from 7 am to 11 pm.

Seems odd, a PA asked me when i was going to move my car off of Parliament this morning, and I asked him what they were filming, and he said they were "only doing some preliminary filming for Scott Pilgrim". Sounds like it's more serious than that. Until 11pm, too? Dag, yo. I'll take pictures when I get home.

They chose a good day to "depict" winter.

Last edited:
The 'spaced' marathon was very enjoyable at Bloor West, 3 bucks to get in and Edgar Wright was around for several Q and A sessions (even handed out some Jaffa Cakes), though he left before the bitter end, must've needed his shuteye for the filming.:)

I sat in OMI last night and watched them fill the streets with snow and then film the bus scene. It was quite something.

So he is an expat? When I read he lived in Toronto for 3 years, I thought he was a temporary "reverse" expat. So much for an "American" loving Canada. Sad.

Brian Lee O'Malley, the author, grew up in North Carolina and then moved to Toronto where he indeed fell in love.

Scott Pilgrim, the character, is from North Bay and becomes a Torontonian in the comic.

anyway! anybody spot the crew around town?

Last edited:
Brian Lee O'Malley, the author, grey up in North Carolina and then moved to Toronto where he indeed fell in love.

Scott Pilgrim, the character, is from North Bay and becomes a Torontonian in the comic.

anyway! anybody spot the crew around town?

Yeah, I got a bunch of pictures from the Cabbagetown shoot, but I keep forgetting to bring the cord that attaches my phone to my computer to work. I'll get around to it...

Back