News   Jul 12, 2024
 839     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 752     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 321     0 

Scott Pilgrim film takes on Toronto!

Three months from theatres to home media is pretty common now.

I went to go see Scott Pilgrim last Tuesday, at the Carlton and I was the only person in the theatre. The whole Carlton complex was almost empty, on cheapie Tuesday. I hope business picks up, as it's a pretty good place to see a movie. The movie was good too!

Still no release date in Japan. I have a feeling that I'm not going to get to see this in theatres. Too bad, I think the Japanese audience would probably like this.

Still no release date in Japan. I have a feeling that I'm not going to get to see this in theatres. Too bad, I think the Japanese audience would probably like this.

Sometimes US films get released several months after their initial release. I still expect to see this film released in Japan. Wright's other films were very well received there. You would think that SPVTW would be played at the Nintendo HQ 24/7, no?

I'm sure Scott Pilgrim will find new life on video, just like Blade Runner and Donnie Darko did. Both Blade Runner and Donnie Darko had far worse theatrical performance than Scott Pilgrim did and look at their popularity now.

This movie was a waste of 2 hours I will never get back..
Only thing good about it was that it was set in Toronto.
Michael Cera is arguably the worst actor ever to somehow end up in movies..

Edgar Wright's official release: http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2010...o-toronto-november-5th-2010-bloor-cinema-7pm/

The screening will feature Wright, Lee O'Malley, Ellen Wong and special guest moderator Don McKellar. A One-hour documentary on the making of SPVTW will also screen. It's free!

Another bad-ass poster:

scottpilgrimatbloornov5small.jpg

Edgar Wright comments on SPVTW's dissapointing box-office gross and other things in this Toronto Star article: http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...scott-pilgrim-vs-the-disappointing-box-office

Here are snippets of a Guillermo del Toro moderated SPVTW discussion in Los Angeles: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/11/03/scott-pilgrim-versus-guillermo-del-toro

Wright and co. will also be promoting the DVD in NYC and Boston.

According to Box-Office Mojo, SPVTW grossed $31,524,275 domestically and $14,288,386 internationally, for a worldwide total of $45,812,661. Disappointing given the film's enormous budget? Yes. Miniscule? Hardly. Scott Pilgrim will find a larger audience over the years. You can count on rep cinemas around the world to show this film for a long time.

And if I somehow persuaded some UT forumers to watch this extravaganza, I'm happy!

I was planning on watching it anyways, but thanks for all the links, barrytron. Do you know how busy the screening is expected to be? I am going just determining when i should go to hold a spot in line.

I was planning on watching it anyways, but thanks for all the links, barrytron. Do you know how busy the screening is expected to be? I am going just determining when i should go to hold a spot in line.

The movie starts at 7pm and doors open at 6pm. I would get in line as soon as possible, it should be really busy.

Back