News   Apr 19, 2024
 954     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 673     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Scotiabank Cinema

I know this is an old thread but this coming Wednesday, all 14 auditoriums are going to be licensed to serve alcohol.

Fascinating to me. Cineplex, first mooted this idea sometime ago, back when McGuinty was premier, and was royally shot down.

Notwithstanding that this is common practice in many European countries and like goes on w/o incident.

So now this is finally happening..........but no obvious fanfare in the changeover or gov't approval.

Noisy children often ruin my movie-going experience, even in 14A-rated films!

Good thing about VIP. Leave non-VIP to noisy children.

It's the noisy men-children that I am more concerned with, and alcohol won't make it better necessarily.

They really need to do something about using cellphones in a dark theatre - some people just could not resist whipping it out for notifications.

AoD

In all seriousness. While I have seen some bad behavior by adults at movies, I would suggest its been far from epidemic in my experience.

As for children; granted, I have none, and so rarely attend films that would appeal to them................what was that whole Frozen thing anyway.......

If you just to stick to movies that would play TIFF.........should keep the squawking pre-teens to a minimum. LOL

I see the odd brain candy, like anyone; but I just don't see it opening weekend, in the evening..........which again tends to resolve a lot.

I started going to movies regularly w/my folks when I was 9 and on my own at 10.

If you have kids or friends/family w/same encourage them to take their kids, and to teach them courtesy, then let them go on their own.

Its not only among the most accessible art forms, but a great socializer when done right.

Extra thought, make sure to take the kids to something with a subtitle..........tends to have a different vibe that encourages self-policing more.

The spare concession stand that was located where the auditoriums are is under going renovations. The concession will get new counters with beer taps. The main concession stand may get renovated in the new year.

Back