News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 479     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Scotiabank Arena (Air Canada Centre) Renovations

No, because the Marlies aren't relevant and the place will still smell like horse**** regardless of what people call it.

Yup no big deal but deserves some recognition.....

New Coca-Cola and MLSE Partnership Expands Commitment to the Community Through Coca-Cola Coliseum

Today, Coca-Cola and Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) announced a partnership that strengthens their shared commitment to community, that includes renaming the Marlies arena to Coca-Cola Coliseum. As one of the city’s most historic venues and the home of the Calder Cup Champion Toronto Marlies, Coca-Cola Coliseum will continue to provide opportunities for fans to support their teams and enjoy the best in music and entertainment.
More......http://marlies.ca/article/coca-cola-coliseum-partnership

I know that the city's building applications website often has spelling errors, but this one is too funny:

upload_2018-7-12_8-51-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-12_8-51-33.png
    upload_2018-7-12_8-51-33.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 738
I don't understand why they're putting signage there. I thought that section was being wrapped in new panels?

I don't understand why they're putting signage there. I thought that section was being wrapped in new panels?
Good point. Perhaps it's temporary, just like the very same sign on the western facade? The new black panels will probably take some time to arrive.

Letter sent to Raptors and Leafs season seat holders today:

Dear Member,

July 1st marked the start of an exciting new era for sports and entertainment in Toronto as the home to your Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, and one of the most popular venues globally for live music, officially transforms into Scotiabank Arena.

Already regarded as a premier venue, in one of the top markets in the world, our expanded partnership with Scotiabank is focused on enhancing the experience for our fans in every way. Not only will we rebrand an arena with a new look and feel, we intend to reimagine the building itself and also the neighbourhood surrounding it and the way our fans experience their favourite teams and events.

As Members, you have not only helped make this building the heart and soul of the city that it is today, but you are an important part of the inspiration for what Scotiabank Arena will become. You will see a number of changes this fall when you return for the NHL and NBA seasons and many more in the years to come. From a new sound system for a richer in-game experience to upgraded finishes and improvements to our entry gates, you can look forward to Scotiabank Arena providing you with the very best experience as you cheer on your Maple Leafs and Raptors and enjoy the best acts music has to offer.

Thank you, as always, for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you to Scotiabank Arena soon.

Yours truly,

Michael Friisdahl
President & CEO
MLSE

well they got to plaster their "naming rights' everywhere - in every sightline possible... total overload...and in your face tackiness...

well they got to plaster their "naming rights' everywhere - in every sightline possible... total overload...and in your face tackiness...

Did you have a problem with Air Canada logos and signs plastered all over the place??

Did you have a problem with Air Canada logos and signs plastered all over the place??

nope... cause Air Canada- had the Maple Leaf logo- it was fitting- on soo many levels... it represented Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment- Maple Leafs - Maple Leaf square etc...
Air Canada Centre- took flight...pun intended.... it felt patriotic- and was the name from the get go-----far different than a bank plastering its $800 million naming rights- and using it at every space..
got to get their moneys worth-- it is cringeworthy--- but have to live with it..as I go there often-

side note--- I will always call it Skydome.... but with Rogers Centre- it is somewhat tolerable..as Rogers is a telecommunications media company...
but I don't forsee myself ever getting used to SA--- and others I know feel strongly about it too.

nope... cause Air Canada- had the Maple Leaf logo- it was fitting- on soo many levels... it represented Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment- Maple Leafs - Maple Leaf square etc...
Air Canada Centre- took flight...pun intended.... it felt patriotic- and was the name from the get go-----far different than a bank plastering its $800 million naming rights- and using it at every space..
got to get their moneys worth-- it is cringeworthy--- but have to live with it..as I go there often-

side note--- I will always call it Skydome.... but with Rogers Centre- it is somewhat tolerable..as Rogers is a telecommunications media company...
but I don't forsee myself ever getting used to SA--- and others I know feel strongly about it too.
Oh please, AC is just a private corporation like Scotiabank

Oh please, AC is just a private corporation like Scotiabank
Yeah, i don't get the anger at the new name either. I liked the ACC name better but there's nothing sacred about it. It's just one corporate brand name replacing another. I can't say I blame MLSE. I'd change my name for that kind of money too.

giphy.gif

Air Canada Centre- took flight...pun intended.... it felt patriotic- and was the name from the get go-----far different than a bank plastering it's $800 million naming rights- and using it at every space..

Trust me we could have had a lot worse, have you heard of some of the garbage they have come up with across the border?

-Smoothie King Centre
-Vivint Smart Home Arena
-Talking Stick Resort Arena

Will I miss the ACC name myself, yes I will. Do I think the Scotiabank Arena is a horrible name? No, because I know we could have had a lot worse, just like the ones mentioned above.

Back