News   Apr 30, 2024
 352     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Scotiabank Arena (Air Canada Centre) Renovations

Damn it, after I tweeted this, Scotiabank Arena killed the “Air Canada Centre” geotag.
1EA8F7F4-F186-41B2-97D9-8238856AE657.jpeg

Omg, I’m responsible for killing the final remnants of the ACC. I don’t know how I’m going to live with myself. :(

Attachments

• 1EA8F7F4-F186-41B2-97D9-8238856AE657.jpeg
    1EA8F7F4-F186-41B2-97D9-8238856AE657.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 1,323
Received notice last week that the signage application has been approved by the city - except for expanding the size of the existing TV facing Maple Leaf Square. The existing TV is about 15m x 9m, proposal was for 23m x 12m.

Received notice last week that the signage application has been approved by the city - except for expanding the size of the existing TV facing Maple Leaf Square. The existing TV is about 15m x 9m, proposal was for 23m x 12m.

Aw man, that was the best part. I mean, the screen isn’t small but it could at the very least get a resolution upgrade. A bigger screen would allow for those in the back of Jurassic Park/Maple Leaf Square to see the game.

Speaking of Jurassic Park, is there a reason they cage people in like cattle as opposed to the set up for Blue Jays playoffs at Nathan Philips Square? The set up for Raptors playoff games isn't very appealing.

Speaking of Jurassic Park, is there a reason they cage people in like cattle as opposed to the set up for Blue Jays playoffs at Nathan Philips Square? The set up for Raptors playoff games isn't very appealing.

It’s a barrier between people and traffic going in/out of Telus/RMLS/hotel.

Not quite as striking as the search-light branding from before. Would have been a good chance for them to throw in some Scotiabank Red to at least catch the eye. Suppose red with the Leafs is generally a no-no though.

Why was the screen update rejected !? Agreed that was the best part ... err ... so that won't happen ?

With these "savings", maybe they could fix the Path connection through the building. I know, wishful thinking

Will there be an >10 page thread now that Ricoh Coliseum is no more and will people worry about the change to Coca-Cola Coliseum? ;)

Will there be an >10 page thread now that Ricoh Coliseum is no more and will people worry about the change to Coca-Cola Coliseum? ;)
No, because the Marlies aren't relevant and the place will still smell like horse**** regardless of what people call it.

They're installing a new red (large) Scotiabank Arena sign on the south side (west end, above the glass facade). Similar to the one currently on the west side.

Back