News   Jun 28, 2024
 5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 710     1 

Sapphire Update, out-of-business (Stinson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
an agent friend once said Harry bought the land for 14million. so if he sells it for 30, he would be able to settle with Mirvish. This is the last parcel of free land in that area. so i'm sure he will do well.

Such errors are most definitely not rare occurrences in MLS and other online real estate listings....they're not a big deal.

They are a big deal. No one who takes their business seriously is going to be that careless.

It's like submitting a resume with grammatical and spelling errors.

If a salesperson doesn't pay attention to details in their ad why would anyone trust them to pay attention to details in an Agreement of Purchase and Sale?

I had a professor who told me a story about a friend of hers who worked for a law firm and had to sort through resumes. The first step: she went through them and through out any resume with a spelling or grammatical error on the cover page. The point: little mistakes make a big impression.

I had a professor who told me a story about a friend of hers who worked for a law firm and had to sort through resumes. The first step: she went through them and through out any resume with a spelling or grammatical error on the cover page. The point: little mistakes make a big impression.

She "through" them out based on grammatical errors?

If a salesperson doesn't pay attention to details in their ad why would anyone trust them to pay attention to details in an Agreement of Purchase and Sale?

An agent will write up something polished and give it to "the girls" in the office who proceed to edit it for length and appropriate asterisk and exclamation mark ratios and then put it up online. Unless the agent is constantly checking the site and checking in with "the girls", they may not know when exactly it's going to be posted - two or three days may go by before the agent notices an error, tells "the girls" about it, and has it fixed, which is why I wondered how long that ad has been up.

The point: little mistakes make a big impression.

Lots of real estate people arent going to care about a spelling mistake that they know was made by some random assistant inputting her 62nd of 98 ads that afternoon.

I could understand a mistake with remax, selling thousands of blah 200-400K properties. But if your Stintson, trying to hawk off a $30MM property, you'd think their is a higher level of detail and review. I doesn't care about grammer and splling myself but I is not trying to conduct busineseses when me posted.

Why would anyone use an agent that didn't care about precision and who was a misogynist, or a user of child labour?

I'd use Pol Pot as an agent if he'd get me a bidding war.

I could understand a mistake with remax, selling thousands of blah 200-400K properties. But if your Stintson, trying to hawk off a $30MM property, you'd think their is a higher level of detail and review.

As if anyone is at all surprised by "fincial." The slightly surprising thing is that he hasn't fixed it himself by now. It's been two days, enough time for him to have seen what whoever at the office has typed up. Maybe he's less of an obsessive micromanager than he's hyped up to be...

An agent will write up something polished and give it to "the girls" in the office who proceed to edit it for length and appropriate asterisk and exclamation mark ratios and then put it up online. Unless the agent is constantly checking the site and checking in with "the girls", they may not know when exactly it's going to be posted - two or three days may go by before the agent notices an error, tells "the girls" about it, and has it fixed, which is why I wondered how long that ad has been up.

Lots of real estate people arent going to care about a spelling mistake that they know was made by some random assistant inputting her 62nd of 98 ads that afternoon.

The point is that an agent's advertisements directly reflect on them; it doesn't matter who they get to write it up. Why would I use an agent who can't put enough care into promotion that's supposed to be for their own benefit? Why would I expect them to do any better for me if they can't even get their own promotional material right?

For someone like Stinson, selling expensive units in a building he's developing, those kinds of mistakes are completely unacceptable.

Unless Stinson himself types up the ad and puts it online, he has no initial control over what's in it - it's his responsibility to fix it after the fact.

But it's Stinson...who's expecting no spelling mistakes? If there were none, everyone here would have to bitch about something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back