News   Apr 23, 2024
 323     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 908     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 497     0 

Sammy Yatim Shooting

Which shot actually caused the death though. If he knew he was still alive after 3 shots, then the extra shots were an attempt of murder which makes sen

Jenny Yuen ‏@SunReporterYuen 11s12 seconds agoToronto, Ontario
Forcillo will get to go home today but with curfew restrictions strengthened as part of his bail conditions.

And this:

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 2m2 minutes ago
Forcillo's lawyers maintain that it was a restricted firearm and therefore a five-year minimum jail sentence.

I'm happy with the verdict and I hope Forcillo serves some time in prison. He is exactly the type of person we don't need or want in our police force. Now the real work begins. How did he get accepted to serve in the force? How did he successfuly pass through his training? I just heard on the radio that he drew his gun 11 times during his three year tenure. Why wasn't his behavior questioned? I hope some upper level heads roll. This should not have happened.
To add insult to injury the TPS is requesting a 3.5% budget increase to bring their budget to over one billion dollars. If I were king of the forest I would demand a 5% reduction which would add 50 million dollars per year to the city's coffers. I think the TPS is out of control.

To add insult to injury the TPS is requesting a 3.5% budget increase to bring their budget to over one billion dollars. If I were king of the forest I would demand a 5% reduction which would add 50 million dollars per year to the city's coffers. I think the TPS is out of control.
Not really related issues, however I agree with this. Best way to get the police budget under control is to create a new department of traffic enforcement officers - $50K a year plus benefits, same as Vancouver has.

I guess the "real world" only applies to civilians...

Joshua Ostroff @joshuaostroff
Forcillo's lawyer says he shouldn't get mandatory minimum because "that was meant for a different class of people." twitter.com/meschultz1010/…

He is right - those who are supposed to uphold the law and given the authority and means to kill should be held to a higher standard.

AoD

He is right - those who are supposed to uphold the law and given the authority and means to kill should be held to a higher standard.

AoD

Agreed. The idea that police should have more leeway in obeying the rules or facing punishment when breaking them than "normal" people seems backwards to me.

Back