245     0 

Sammy Yatim Shooting

Palma

Member Bio
Reaction score
Found this on twitter:

Alyshah Hasham
@alysanmati5m

For those confused, the ATTEMPTED murder charge related to the second volley of bullets while Yatim was lying on the floor of streetcar[/QU
Which shot actually caused the death though. If he knew he was still alive after 3 shots, then the extra shots were an attempt of murder which makes sense

Palma

Member Bio
Reaction score
Which shot actually caused the death though. If he knew he was still alive after 3 shots, then the extra shots were an attempt of murder which makes sen

Videodrome

Member Bio
Reaction score
Jenny Yuen ‏@SunReporterYuen 11s12 seconds agoToronto, Ontario
Forcillo will get to go home today but with curfew restrictions strengthened as part of his bail conditions.
And this:

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 2m2 minutes ago
Forcillo's lawyers maintain that it was a restricted firearm and therefore a five-year minimum jail sentence.

jozl

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm happy with the verdict and I hope Forcillo serves some time in prison. He is exactly the type of person we don't need or want in our police force. Now the real work begins. How did he get accepted to serve in the force? How did he successfuly pass through his training? I just heard on the radio that he drew his gun 11 times during his three year tenure. Why wasn't his behavior questioned? I hope some upper level heads roll. This should not have happened.
To add insult to injury the TPS is requesting a 3.5% budget increase to bring their budget to over one billion dollars. If I were king of the forest I would demand a 5% reduction which would add 50 million dollars per year to the city's coffers. I think the TPS is out of control.

Admiral Beez

Member Bio
Reaction score
To add insult to injury the TPS is requesting a 3.5% budget increase to bring their budget to over one billion dollars. If I were king of the forest I would demand a 5% reduction which would add 50 million dollars per year to the city's coffers. I think the TPS is out of control.
Not really related issues, however I agree with this. Best way to get the police budget under control is to create a new department of traffic enforcement officers - $50K a year plus benefits, same as Vancouver has.