2.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd better hurry on ranked ballots as RF is sure to run for mayor in 2018.

If Ford is still healthy by then and something happens to affect Tory's popularity (like another garbage strike) Robbie could certainly win. It sounds like his type of cancer usually returns with a vengeance though.

I will concur that it's entirely normal for patients to walk into the OR. Even morbidly obese types like Rob. He ought to be an interesting airway...

Indeed, especially very obese patients. The last thing anyone wants is to have to call in extra hands to transfer someone like Ford from the prone position on a gurney to the OR table, rather than having them get on to the table by their own motion.

Anaesthesiologists are paid a premium by OHIP for dealing with patients with a BMI >40, given the need to manage such things as more difficult airways, more erratic rates of perfusion and increased difficulty in positioning the patient, especially if they have to be moved during the case (for example, by an anaesthesiologist such as my spouse, who weighs less than 1/3 of what Ford does).

Indeed, especially very obese patients. The last thing anyone wants is to have to call in extra hands to transfer someone like Ford from the prone position on a gurney to the OR table, rather than having them get on to the table by their own motion.

Anaesthesiologists are paid a premium by OHIP for dealing with patients with a BMI >40, given the need to manage such things as more difficult airways, more erratic rates of perfusion and increased difficulty in positioning the patient, especially if they have to be moved during the case (for example, by an anaesthesiologist such as my spouse, who weighs less than 1/3 of what Ford does).

They must specialized equipment somewhere. One of my wife's friends was so fat she had to go to Guelph for a MRI, as the one for horses was sufficiently large.

I'm wondering whether to read into the fact that Dan Jacobs, rather than a Mount Sinai professional, addressed the media in reporting on RoFo's condition..."best face" logic, etc...

I'm wondering whether to read into the fact that Dan Jacobs, rather than a Mount Sinai professional, addressed the media in reporting on RoFo's condition..."best face" logic, etc...

Either Mt Sinai decided right from the start not to become involved in the Ford dramatics or they fell out with the Fords right from the start. Or both. A very smart strategy from my point of view, having worked in hospital PR in my chequered past. Typically the hospital wants to own the public release of information - within privacy law of course - as families and the police typically get it wrong. Many's the time we had police officers telling the world that a patient had severe head injuries while the reality was a broken leg. For a normal public figure, I'd have expected Mt Sinai to release the information either through the head surgeon or an appointed spox. But given the Fords' propensity to make things up, get things wrong, and try to bully professionals, my guess is that Mt Sinai just decided to stay out of the time-wasting hot mess that the Fords will inevitably cause. Nothing to be gained.

For example, DoFo was quoted this morning saying that Rob is in terrible pain, just awful pain. I really doubt that. I'd bet that Rob right now is full of so much legal dope that he's floating out in orbit somewhere round Jupiter. That's just Doug spouting the first thing that comes out of his big gob.

Maybe after Cohen revealed Ford had lied about having a tumour in the past they thought it best to hold their own conferences.

I'm wondering this, too. I think the hospital wants nothing to do with public reports and don't want to conflict with the family or patient confidentiality.

For example, DoFo was quoted this morning saying that Rob is in terrible pain, just awful pain. I really doubt that. I'd bet that Rob right now is full of so much legal dope that he's floating out in orbit somewhere round Jupiter. That's just Doug spouting the first thing that comes out of his big gob.

Then again, I wonder if they'd let him have the morphine pump for self-admin. As to the bit about Jupiter...if only, I've heard the Io flux tube can be real toasty.

AoD

Then again, I wonder if they'd let him have the morphine pump for self-admin. As to the bit about Jupiter...if only, I've heard the Io flux tube can be real toasty.

AoD

Good point. Do they take a different approach to pain management with addicts? I recall in the Chilli Peppers singer's bio he said he was sober for years until a hospital gave him some intense pain meds after a motorcycle accident. That caused him to go back to heroin after all those years.

Good point. Do they take a different approach to pain management with addicts? I recall in the Chilli Peppers singer's bio he said he was sober for years until a hospital gave him some intense pain meds after a motorcycle accident. That caused him to go back to heroin after all those years.

Of course Rob's approach to avoiding a relapse has been to eschew sobriety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back