662     3 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 798     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 527     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Councillor Ron Moeser was away for months and months because of a health issue. Does anyone even know what his health issue was? Nobody questioned it. Nobody investigated it. Nobody cared. If Rob Ford wants to take a week or whatever off to recover from chemo, that's fine by me. He can stay in Jamaica and start a Bob Marley cover band for all I care :)

Chemo? That's been done for a while, he just finished up radiation.

Granted, but the man is ostensibly a city Councillor. Doesn't he have actual, you know, duties to perform? Can he just take a vacation any time he pleases? I know, I know: Rules are for the little people, but come on. Can anyone here imagine the sorts of things Ford and his usual allies in the Sun, on talk radio, et al would be screeching if this kind of high-handed behavior was coming from some progressive politico they'd consider an enemy? Recovering from chemotherapy or not, the usual complaints about "gravy" would be the least we'd be hearing from that faction. Why should Ford get a pass?

And, yes, Fatass buggering off during Lisi's trial does look suspicious, whatever the reality of the situation. Maybe it is just a coincidence. I don't care. Ford has long since exhausted any benefits of a doubt we might be willing to extend to an ordinary politician.

Ford and his allies would be wrong to screech, so why should we do it? It's not about him getting a pass, it's about criticizing someone for something, then doing that same thing yourself. Two wrongs don't make a right. Then you say "we're only doing it because he did it" then he says "I'm only doing it because they did it to me" and so it never ends. Be the bigger person and stop the cycle. If he wasn't called to appear at Lisi's trial, and if he's not missing particularly important council business, then I don't see what the fuss is (for now; if something major happens and he becomes a fugitive in Jamaica, that's different... ;) )

WTF, $16,100 for the crack admission tie?? And $660 for his jimmies??

I'm afraid I don't know too much about the Ebay process, so could someone more knowledgeable enlighten me on:

1. Could the bids be rigged?
2. Do the winning bids HAVE to close the deal?
3. Is there a way to find out if the deal closed or not?

Is this some kind of money laundering scheme? I can't believe that someone actually paid so much for so little.

I'm afraid I don't know too much about the Ebay process, so could someone more knowledgeable enlighten me on:

Bids could be rigged from fake accounts bidding (I had to do that once to remedy the fact I put up a starting bid of .01 and it looked like I was going to have to basically pay to give something away. Lol.

Winning bid must pay. I don't think there's a way to find out if the deal closed.

Last edited:

The bids could definitely be rigged, especially if they want it to look like a bidding war.

I think it's in Crazytown where he brings some druggy friends into his house and starts looking for his weed in his bosco jacket? His 15 minutes are nearly up and this crap won't be of any value at all. Also imagine his kids looking at this stuff in 10 years and comparing it to the youtube videos of his time in the limelight. Better to get rid of it now.

His kids? As I've suggested before, they're only for show. Otherwise, he has no constructive clue or care as to what they make of their future lives--or at least, let his family (or Renata's) look after those fine details.

(NB: those youngsters busted for pimping a 14-year-old probably came out of a roughly similar family mindset--maybe not rolling in Deco dough, but...)

His kids? As I've suggested before, they're only for show. Otherwise, he has no constructive clue or care as to what they make of their future lives--or at least, let his family (or Renata's) look after those fine details.

(NB: those youngsters busted for pimping a 14-year-old probably came out of a roughly similar family mindset--maybe not rolling in Deco dough, but...)

I was surprised to hear from someone who's seem him in action that Ford's actually really good with his kids... when he's relatively sober. Although he's used them as human shields with media on occasion.

Fascinating day today.
Hey lawye folks. If something happens in the foyer during recess is that still part of the ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back