1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 539     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too surprising a US company went tits-up during the "panic", many did... usual anorexic proof from Doug. No doubt he will bring up Deco; however, Charter was a publicly traded company which sold services to the public, Deco was/is not.

Actually, it did not go under. Some bondholders lost some money and the original shareholders lost what they had invested. The company is still around as the 4th largest cable company in the US (by revenue), and its shares trade on the NASDAQ. The Ford camp, however, will no doubt out out a 'truthy' version in which Tory single-handedly destroyed the company.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 6.10.23 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 6.10.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 6.10.23 PM.png
    156 KB · Views: 604
CityNews reported that Ford was on the scene trying to help the woman. Of course, Ford Nation viewers will see that and think he's some sort of hero despite the fact that it seems he did nothing but stand there and make some phone calls. How would calling Andy Byford help the victim? Ugh, fucking media in this town.

This is so gross. This woman's death is becoming a sideshow just because RoFo was there.

Wait till he brings up how safe subways are (thereby canceling out today's subway news)
And then he'll say streetcars are evil and St Clair is a horror!! A horror!

Makes me feel sick that people like them

CityNews reported that Ford was on the scene trying to help the woman.

If he was on scene "trying to help the woman" he may get an award.

"Allied service partners and citizens are nominated for assisting a patient they encounter in an emergency situation, usually before paramedics arrive."

Last edited:
By all of the live-tweeted reports that I saw, he was a pretty good moderator.

He's very, very progressive. I was in women's studies classes with him in university. He was a member of a politically active student group I ran at the time. And although the band's music is not my cup of tea, their albums are well reviewed and they have a substantial fan base. I was unable to watch the debate live because I was at work but from what I saw I am not surprised he did well.

CityNews reported that Ford was on the scene trying to help the woman. Of course, Ford Nation viewers will see that and think he's some sort of hero despite the fact that it seems he did nothing but stand there and make some phone calls. How would calling Andy Byford help the victim? Ugh, fucking media in this town.

He probably called Byford after he knew 911 had been called. Everyone has a cellphone these days; plus the driver. I don't know what good the call to Byford does... give him a heads up in case he hears from media before his own staff have a chance to inform him?

It doesn't really surprise me if he did "try to help" in some way, but so would any number of other bystanders, there are such stories all the time.

There was some pushback on the Fords when a little girl got hit and killed by a car in Leaside and they mentioned the Eglinton lane closures as a reason for more traffic in the small streets. I don't know if they wanna go that route of "blaming streetcars." Most people don't take kindly to that.

bradTTC 6:30pm via Twitter for iPad
A tragic and horrific event on St Clair. The TTC offers its sincere condolences to the victim's family. Thoughts with our driver, as well.

Actually, it did not go under. Some bondholders lost some money and the original shareholders lost what they had invested. The company is still around as the 4th largest cable company in the US (by revenue), and its shares trade on the NASDAQ. The Ford camp, however, will no doubt out out a 'truthy' version in which Tory single-handedly destroyed the company.

Chapter 11 is a tool...retrench and come back...How many times for example has Donald Trump used Chapter 11...4 or 5 I think...The American auto industry is littered with Chapter 11 reorganizations
Being an out of country Director Tory wouldn't be privy to the day to day operations of Charter....seems to me like they're barking up the wrong if D Ford pulls this one out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back