112     1 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 247     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 354     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible Slob isn't as badly off as some of us are thinking? The only reason I'm not just naturally assuming there's some trickery involved here is that I can't see reputable health care institutions and professionals going along with the Fords' usual shenanigans. Even so, we still have Thug supposedly claiming Slob's doctors are ok with him out campaigning? I don't believe that for a second.
The doctor expects Rob to use common sense. He should be spending time resting up for the next round of chemo, maybe playing a board game or watching TV with his kids. FFS they kept him in extra days at the hospital after his chemo, you'd think he'd understand that he is putting himself at higher risk for infection. What an idiot. He acts like he has to go to work to pay the bills and feed his kids, even with cancer. Common man, my ass. Who is he kidding?

Is it possible Slob isn't as badly off as some of us are thinking? The only reason I'm not just naturally assuming there's some trickery involved here is that I can't see reputable health care institutions and professionals going along with the Fords' usual shenanigans. Even so, we still have Thug supposedly claiming Slob's doctors are ok with him out campaigning? I don't believe that for a second.

Nobody getting chemo is well off, but it does affect different people differently. He could also be in a "honeymoon" period right now before things really get nasty.

ETA: just noticed he was wearing jeans last night. When was the last time he was seen in public wearing something other than a suit? Is this the new Rob?

Last edited:
True, BUT...

He took medical leave from his paying job of Mayor!

But can still execute camping and FoFam rally duties?

Or am I missing something with the medical leave thing??
Sigh.

Not to be defending Ford here, but it's not as if one is constantly under house arrest even while getting chemo.

True, BUT...

Well, he took mental leave from his job 3 1/2 years ago and kept getting paid...

Nobody getting chemo is well off, but it does affect different people differently. He could also be in a "honeymoon" period right now before things really get nasty.
He just spent 2 weeks in the hospital, and you're right the effects of chemo are cumulative, so the next round will hit him harder for longer. He is an idiot to expose himself to all the germs around at this time of year. Doesn't this guy want to spend any time with his kids? When he's about to take his final breath, somehow I don't think a selfie with a stranger is going to be as comforting as having a relationship with his kids.

Last edited:

Exactly. It's just another example of the Fords flouting the rules, normal behavior and any semblence of dignity, and thumbing thier noses at the rest of us while hollering, "We can do whatever we want! Nyah! Nyah! Nyah!"

It's just another example of the Fords flouting the rules, normal behavior and any semblence of dignity, and thumbing thier noses at the rest of us while hollering, "We can do whatever we want! Nyah! Nyah! Nyah!"

He has a disability, so it's a bit complicated:
http://www.cupelocal79.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Attendance-Management-Memorandum.pdf

This is for the Inside workers. I was an Outside worker, and of course the mayor and councillors are non-union. But, I believe the principles are basically the same.

I was never on the program, so I don't really understand how it works, but there it is.

Last edited:
Also, why campaign in Ward 3?

To me, THIS is the story. What the fuck was he doing in Ward 3?

Was he campaigning for Doug?
Was he just drunk and decided to spontaneously knock on some doors because, you know, old times sake?
Has he forgotten that he's dropped out of the race for mayor?
Does he feel so assured of a Ward 2 victory that he doesn't need to step foot in it at all?
Has he forgotten what the boundaries of Ward 2 are?

Royson expertly carves Doug's turkey in today's Star, including this gem:

"With zero experience at nothing, he received the most blatant patronage appointment of all. His brother made him deputy chair of the budget committee, prominent member of others, de facto twin mayor, spokesman for the administration, apologist for the mayor and disturber-in-chief on any file he chose to meddle with."

James is playing slightly fast and loose with the truth....D Ford was elected Deputy Chair by the Budget Committee in 2010 (and was the only nomination)...you have to remember that the committee was stacked with Ford loyalists at the time... the only one who might of been construed as marginally less than Fordist was C Lee at the time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back