1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 542     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has a sort of "Lion in Winter" flavour, and no doubt Diane would appreciate the comparison to Eleanor of Aquitaine. I suppose that then Doug would be Richard, and Rob the amalgam of John, who suffered rebellions from the barons (Council) and eventually lost much of family's lands.

I would see Robbie as Richard, Dougie as John, an Randy as Geoffrey/Jeffery. Of course that would assume Dougie will win another race. The original rebellions and assumption of power came with Richard's warring (Robbie's camping) and ignoring England. Remember, the collective we know as Robin Hood had just as much to with Richard ignoring the people of England as John's megalomania, and mommy issues.

Why haven't the media jumped on this again......

Now that Thugo is a candidate for higher office, some serious digging is mandatory into his alleged drug czar days. Expand from the G-M story. Toronto taxpayers need to know the background of candidates for mayor.

Donovan, Doolittle, Gee, Dale, Proskow........etc, where are you?

Why haven't the media jumped on this again......

Now that Thugo is a candidate for higher office, some serious digging is mandatory into his alleged drug czar days. Expand from the G-M story. Toronto taxpayers need to know the background of candidates for mayor.

Donovan, Doolittle, Gee, Dale, Proskow........etc, where are you?

Unfortunately Proskow transferred to Washington. I have no doubt the others are trying.

I would see Robbie as Richard, Dougie as John, an Randy as Geoffrey/Jeffery. Of course that would assume Dougie will win another race. The original rebellions and assumption of power came with Richard's warring (Robbie's camping) and ignoring England. Remember, the collective we know as Robin Hood had just as much to with Richard ignoring the people of England as John's megalomania, and mommy issues.

And Mikey, Arthur the uncrowned king, a pawn in his uncle's gamesmanship...
Robbie, Richard? Now there is an interesting confluence given Richard's predilecation...

The ironies accumulate:

Ford blames people for their own life threatening diseases. Now has one.
Ford opposed banning herbicides linked to soft tissue sarcomas. Now has one.
Ford opposes public health care. Now using it.

Absolutely maddening:

Doug Ford greeted by cheers as he kicks off campaign

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...eeted_by_cheers_as_he_kicks_off_campaign.html

...and the funny thing is how the *Star* is making such a big deal out of it. Yet, really--this door-to-door was all oh so obviously for show. And reading between the lines--who was present at his rally speech? "At least two dozen supporters"? Yeah, I know it's but a campaign/camping office rather than some hall or gymnasium or Mussolini rostrum; but still, given what we're being led to believe about Indestructo Ford Nation, I'd have expected, I dunno, at least 5-10 times that number, people (not reporters) crowded outside the office, etc. Look: *any* incumbent or quasi-incumbent campaign launch worth its salt could manage a couple of dozen without effort--they're making a mountain out of what may be a molehill here...

Even though he packed up and stopped going door-to-door the moment the tv cameras were packed up. He literally only did so for one hour and just for show!

I wonder how many hours he actually worked for Ward 2 as a Councillor?

Unlike any other city employee, there seems to be no way to verify FoFam hours of work, as they refuse to release their schedules.

Last edited:
I wonder how many hours he actually served Ward 2 as a Councillor?

Unlike any other city employee, there seems to be no official way to verify hours of work, as neither Ford release their schedules.

Rob considered it a part time job when he did it and didn't have a thriving label and tag business to run on the side. Judging by the vote attendance covered earlier in the week upthread (The highest without a medical excuse) The dots come together for a glaring "not very many".

Last edited:
...and the funny thing is how the *Star* is making such a big deal out of it. Yet, really--this door-to-door was all oh so obviously for show. And reading between the lines--who was present at his rally speech? "At least two dozen supporters"? Yeah, I know it's but a campaign/camping office rather than some hall or gymnasium or Mussolini rostrum; but still, given what we're being led to believe about Indestructo Ford Nation, I'd have expected, I dunno, at least 5-10 times that number, people (not reporters) crowded outside the office, etc. Look: *any* incumbent or quasi-incumbent campaign launch worth its salt could manage a couple of dozen without effort--they're making a mountain out of what may be a molehill here...

Trying to help Chow by getting Doug some Tory votes?

From the piece:

"But then, on Sept. 12, Mayor Ford announced he was undergoing treatment for an abdominal tumor and withdrawing from the coming mayoral election. He named his all-but-twin brother, Doug, to run in his place. Nobody gives Doug a chance; Rob’s charisma, or act, or spell, is non-transferrable."

I think that sums it up for you. Doug will likely beat Chow but finish a distant 2nd. He will keep maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of Rob's supporters with the rest going to Tory. Chow is just in free fall.

If he makes it through this tough cancer battle maybe Rob will become a more humbled, compassionate and self aware human being as a councillor. One can only hope.

Last edited:
Rob Ford will never be humble. Also, I am really annoyed at The Star's headline and article, they are turning soft when it comes to the Fords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back